Singapore Expats Forum

Shopaholic from Seoul Planning First-time trip to Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

neva_far

Shopaholic from Seoul Planning First-time trip to Singapore

Postby neva_far » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 1:17 pm

Hi,

I'm a Korean-Canadian currently residing in Seoul, and planning to visit Singapore over the Chusok (Korean Thanksgiving) holiday in mid-September. I was just wondering if the fall fashions will be out in full swing by then. Shopping in Korea is abysmal and I'm looking forward to purchasing REAL Miss Sixty, Custo Barcelona, and other funky brands (I hear the shopping's amazing in Singapore). I have the option of going to Singapore much earlier (ie next week), but would prefer to wait if the fall lines are not out yet...

Also, I'm a bedroom DJ (I play House music) and my style ranges from funky/upbeat to jazzy to Latin-flavoured. I was wondering if it'd be worth it to bring some records over...enough to play a decent one-hour set in a receptive bar/lounge somewhere...

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:33 pm

Also, I'm a bedroom DJ (I play House music) and my style ranges from funky/upbeat to jazzy to Latin-flavoured. I was wondering if it'd be worth it to bring some records over...enough to play a decent one-hour set in a receptive bar/lounge somewhere...

Try going to www.wkrz913.com
And search for links or you can try emailing them as well... :lol: :lol:

I prefer Trance, Rave, Electro and Techno... Haha...

Erm the great singapore sale is over.. but you can still get discount..
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:48 pm

welcome to Singapore. there's quite a number of places where u can get cheap stuffs. but of course, cheap things don't really last that long. samantha is rite abt wkrz913. it's a good radio station that plays some of the best music. hmm.. i'll leave the introductions of where to shop in Singapore to others. Not really a shopaholic myself. :P happy shopping ya, :)
IBMing

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 2:54 pm

haha.. i may be a girl but i can never advise you where to shop... I hate shopping...
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

I know I know

Postby I know I know » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 3:43 pm

For cool winter or fall clothes - Hong Kong. Or Sydney. Or Tokyo. NOT Singapore, they have no idea about cold weather or cold weather clothes.
Cheap, open-toed shoes are available here in great variety and abundance, if that is any consolation though?

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:39 pm

And I would add to the post above that fall fashion isn't big here because weather is always warm in Singapore unlike Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney. Most Singaporeans are very fashion conscious and love quality accessories too.

huang

Postby huang » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 6:10 pm

Irony is I'm hoping to do some shopping when I'm in Korea in Oct !

You may want to try shopping at The Heeren (Orchard Road) and basement of Far East Plaza (Scotts Road).

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/huangsy88

Postby Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:50 am

What they say is correct, there is no much season changing sale over here and you have missed the great singapore sale which ended recently.

However, you may want to check out some sales, promotion info in this link before or when you are here.

http://www.salegala.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Hope you will enjoy your stay...