Singapore Expats Forum

What is an asian fetish

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

What is an asian fetish

Postby Guest » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:30 am

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me what an asian fetish is? If you are an asian guy and are attracte to asian girls is this an asian fetish? If an asian girl only dates white guys why doesn't she have a "white fetish" if, a white guy is only interested in asian girls? Can you like asian girls without it being an "asian fetish"? It seems to me that if you are white and your last couple gfs are asian, and you are interested in an asian girl she is quickly turned off if she finds out your other girlfriends were also asian, presumably because you have an "asian fetish" would someone please tell me what this means? The girls IN PARTICULAR because they seem to be the ones hung-up on it, however it does seem to be a one way street!

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 8:35 am

:shock: I always thought it was ice cream with noodles.

selfish_gene

Postby selfish_gene » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:08 pm

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "yellow-fever"
Oi! Oi! Oi!

Yes its yellow fever

Postby Yes its yellow fever » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:28 pm

Most white guys in singapore are afflicted with this "disease".Its reaching epic proportions and something critical needs to be done to prevent it from infecting others. 8)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:13 pm

i've never dated a guy shorter than me. does that mean i have a 'height fetish'?

so what makes the difference between a fetish / obsession, and a mere preference?

selfish_gene

Postby selfish_gene » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:12 pm

Yes its yellow fever wrote:Most white guys in singapore are afflicted with this "disease".Its reaching epic proportions and something critical needs to be done to prevent it from infecting others. 8)

too bad it doesn't go the other way round ie. white girls going for the local asian guys :lol:

Never had a thing for asian girls myself though.....

"Me love you long time"...hahaha
Oi! Oi! Oi!

dcmiii

Postby dcmiii » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:00 am

selfish_gene wrote:
Yes its yellow fever wrote:Most white guys in singapore are afflicted with this "disease".Its reaching epic proportions and something critical needs to be done to prevent it from infecting others. 8)

too bad it doesn't go the other way round ie. white girls going for the local asian guys :lol:

selfish_gene,

It seems like every posts you put in this forum has some kind of sarcasm/negativity towards asian people.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion or free to make such statements but can I just please ask what is it with the attitude towards the asian race?

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:04 am

dcmiii wrote:
selfish_gene wrote:

selfish_gene,

It seems like every posts you put in this forum has some kind of sarcasm/negativity towards asian people.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion or free to make such statements but can I just please ask what is it with the attitude towards the asian race?

Cos selfish gene is folksvagen's bro, birds of a feathers flock together.

selfish_gene

Postby selfish_gene » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 6:31 pm

dcmiii wrote:It seems like every posts you put in this forum has some kind of sarcasm/negativity towards asian people.
I'm just telling it like it is. :P

dcmiii wrote:Everybody is entitled to their opinion or free to make such statements but can I just please ask what is it with the attitude towards the asian race?
In relation to this topic, don't tell me you don't see the obvious of what I stated?

9 out of 10 interracial relationships involving whites & asians, 9 out of 10 will consists of a white guy and an asian girl.

I'm sure in your neck of the woods it's no different.

If not why is there such a negative stigma towards the ones labeled 'SPG'? Face it you local guys have a severe case of sour grapes.
Oi! Oi! Oi!

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 9:05 pm

Please, can we stay on topic! No need to get into a flame war, we are all adults here (or at least we can act like it!).

yellowfever

Postby yellowfever » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:55 pm

Asian fetish occurs when a white caucasian male is highly enamoured with the dainty oriental species and thus will only go out with the yellow skinned ladies. Funny, i never see white guys having a "malay" or "indian" fetish. Thus, you cannot call this an Asian Fetish. To be specific, its an "oriental/chinese fetish". And anyways, whats wrong with it? Its no ones goddammed business who this rich, eligible guys wanna get with. Does it cause any unhappiness in your life? :roll:

dcmiii

Postby dcmiii » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:37 am

selfish_gene wrote:
dcmiii wrote:It seems like every posts you put in this forum has some kind of sarcasm/negativity towards asian people.
I'm just telling it like it is. :P

dcmiii wrote:Everybody is entitled to their opinion or free to make such statements but can I just please ask what is it with the attitude towards the asian race?
In relation to this topic, don't tell me you don't see the obvious of what I stated?

9 out of 10 interracial relationships involving whites & asians, 9 out of 10 will consists of a white guy and an asian girl.

I'm sure in your neck of the woods it's no different.

If not why is there such a negative stigma towards the ones labeled 'SPG'? Face it you local guys have a severe case of sour grapes.

Im not in dispute with what you stated at all. I just wanted to know why do you have such a pessimistic view of the asian people, especially, when its related to relationships with caucasian girls and asian guys.

For your information, I am not a local guy but I am working here in Singapore. Im of asian decent but born and bred in Australia and proud to be an Australian. Myself and my friends from different nationalities (my friends includes caucasian Australians) have dated and are in a relationships with caucasian girls. In fact, some of my friends are actually married to caucasian girls. So I know what its like when its vice-versa, when a caucasian guy is dying of envy cause Im going out with a hot caucasian girl.

I dont know what part of Australia you are from, it maybe New South Wales. But in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne relationships between asian guys and caucasian girls is very common, this is a fact.

So maybe you can answer some questions below, therefore, "maybe" we can understand where this negativity towards asian people is coming from.

- Have you been to Singapore?
- Do you know the true meaning of an SPG?
- Have you been to any other parts of the world and experienced the culture?
- Which part of Australia are you from?
- Did you have some kind of experience, whereby, you had a caucasian girlfriend and she broke off with you cause she liked an asian guy? Im not being a smart arse here, I just want to know.

Gael

Postby Gael » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 1:23 am

Wind in my hair: are you altophobia? :P

selfish_gene

Postby selfish_gene » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 2:45 am

dcmiii wrote:I dont know what part of Australia you are from, it maybe New South Wales. But in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne relationships between asian guys and caucasian girls is very common, this is a fact.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Sydney in NSW?

Yes you've narrowed it down quite nicely. Not forgetting SA/WA/TAS/NT/ACT, take a guess now(hint:we're the biggest on the map geographically speaking) Or otherwise known as the state that gets shafted by all the other eastern states :?

Now I'm not saying an asian guy getting along with a caucasian chick never happens, it's just the sheer ratio of the opposite(white-male/asian-female) is so overwhelmingly great it isn't funny....at least to some people it is 8)

dcmiii wrote:- Have you been to Singapore?
Yes I have, never lived there though...
dcmiii wrote:- Do you know the true meaning of an SPG?
Maybe you can enlighten me. But from my general knowledge and from the opinions taken from this forum, I can guess it's a term that's bordering on derogatory(depending on who's using it) and have negative connotations based on the fact that these asian girls would only exclusively date white males?

Add to the fact that the term gets thrown about; usually by some disgruntled lonely asian guy who feels his asian 'sisters' are selling-out and dating only non-asians.

How am I doing so far?

As for your friends who have girlfriends/wives who are white-australians, good on them. I mean, if you found love and companionship in a person, who cares if they're black,white,yellow or even green for that matter, go for it.

And while I don't frown on interracial relationships of any kind, I just feel it's kinda sad that there are some people out there who single out their dating partners based soley on race.

We've all heard of stories of the middle aged bloke who married some 'oriental girl', usually of the thai/filo/viet/indo variety who's usually half his age...only to want a visa to enter into the country.

I have this friend(yes he's white :roll: ) who just has this fascination about asian girls...I can't explain it, personally asian girls do nothing for me...most of them anyway. That's just my preference, but I'm not ruling out the possibility in anyway though.

dcmiii wrote:- Which part of Australia are you from?
Take a guess from the hints above^
Oi! Oi! Oi!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 7:32 am

Gael wrote:Wind in my hair: are you altophobia? :P

must be, that's why i am a soprano! :D