Singapore Expats Forum

Where to meet people?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:46 pm

hey everyone,

Can i join too! seems like a great group of people to meet. I'm looking to make new friends too, some girlfriends to hang out with. :D

Been abroad for the last 8 years in the US too and just came back last year. Also studied and worked in San francisco... so i too totally understand having gay friends. they are so much fun too!

Well, hope i'm not too late and can join the group. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ange
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

blackadder

friends of friends of gays

Postby blackadder » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:41 pm

Hi people,

it's great hearing from such cool people on the thread :)

Yah - maybe it is coincidence (I think not) that many of us are- as sfo94110 so eloquently put it - "non-practicing Singaporeans". Maybe only gays can tolerate gals who have a brain? haha - joke- My gay friends will be so tickled by the replies (and compliments) they see here!

I will PM the new replies to the thread so we can meet up. Tomorrow, I am meeting 2 gals for dinner at Holland Village - I also met up with one of the girls who replied last weekend- she's really nice! I found someone whom I could go to museums with!

Let's keep in touch - small outings are cool - we can get to know each other and have pals for movies, shopping, arts etc.

Keep posting people!

HY :)

sfo94110

"I left my heart in San Francisco"

Postby sfo94110 » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:19 pm

Ahhh....the fog city...

I totally agree with Margaret Cho. SF is really a country within a country, the 'American' image is a total disconnect of San Francisceans. It's truly a melting pot, take a walk down the streets, and you'll see people of all walks of life: the old, young, chinese, caucasians, black, caucasian, snobs, and shags all on the same street! (Compare this to the "nerd-bird" 4 hours drive away: L.A. - highly segregrated city) :)

I don't want to sound like a b*t*h; but San Franciseans are probably the smarter Californians. Case in point: The Bay Area counties were the only ones opposing to the election of a certain german baffoon as CA's governor. The rest of CA voted for that butthead. (Yes, I'm a democrat.)

As for gays, you know why I love men who love men: because they love you back! Having said that: I'm gayly forward (straight) and not in love with any of them, they're just my best-est friends around! Besides, they are the only ones who will tell you when you don't look good! Agree?

Love to meet up!

Elene.

P.S. Does anyone know how to view private messages? I've two sitting in my inbox, but the system says I'm not authorized. HELP!

medictbp
Regular
Regular

Postby medictbp » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 6:09 pm

Elene, from your message; leads me to 1 question. 're you a man?

Well, it's a good thing to have gay friends; it's cool to have Drag queens as my guardian angels up above in the sky, watching me over the make-up counter. :lol: On any bad skin day, a SK-II can just 'fall' with 'them' watching over me. I absolutely love my gay friends.

:roll: Talking about Margaret Cho, do folks here know who she is? having 2 person from SF. For people who don't know her, you don't know what you're missing.

Blackadder, prob. has no idea who she is. :lol: Margaret only went into the UK last year or 2.

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 1:04 am

hey everyone,

Elene - first off PM can only be viewed after 5 -10 post... so just post a few more times and it should work. I had the same problem.

Totally agree with u about San Francisians.. such a diverse and liberal pool of people. And a beautiful city! :D

Margaret cho is awesome... she is hilarious!! Maybe she has a DVD??

well, i hope to meet you all soon.

Cheers,
Ange
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

medictbp
Regular
Regular

Postby medictbp » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 2:27 am

Vagabond wrote:first off PM can only be viewed after 5 -10 post... so just post a few more times and it should work. I had the same problem.

No, you have to wait up to 2 days; before PM can be used.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 3:52 pm

Looks like there is some happenings here . . :roll: :roll:

sfo94110

Re: "I left my heart in San Francisco"

Postby sfo94110 » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 4:51 pm

sfo94110 wrote:I don't want to sound like a b*t*h; but San Franciseans are probably the smarter Californians.

As for gays, you know why I love men who love men: because they love you back! Having said that: I'm gayly forward (straight) and not in love with any of them, they're just my best-est friends around! Besides, they are the only ones who will tell you when you don't look good! Agree?

medictbp - I can't say the above if I'm a guy, right?

So for the record, no I'm not a guy.

Postby Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:19 pm

Just moved to Singapore and would love to get to know interested and driven people over here. Love traveling, culture, the arts, sample local cuisine etc.
Interested?
Do write to girly_vanilla@yahoo.com

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:09 pm

please feel free to add and message me anytime on both yahoo and msn! ;)
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Twink

Re: friends of friends of gays

Postby Twink » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:56 pm

blackadder wrote:Hi people,

it's great hearing from such cool people on the thread :)

Yah - maybe it is coincidence (I think not) that many of us are- as sfo94110 so eloquently put it - "non-practicing Singaporeans". Maybe only gays can tolerate gals who have a brain? haha - joke- My gay friends will be so tickled by the replies (and compliments) they see here!

I will PM the new replies to the thread so we can meet up. Tomorrow, I am meeting 2 gals for dinner at Holland Village - I also met up with one of the girls who replied last weekend- she's really nice! I found someone whom I could go to museums with!

Let's keep in touch - small outings are cool - we can get to know each other and have pals for movies, shopping, arts etc.

Keep posting people!

HY :)

Hey Blackadder, you sound like a very cool and nice person. I'm local girl and am also looking to meet new people.
I would like it if a few of us could meet up, have coffee and chat :)
Maebel

marion

Postby marion » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:13 pm

Hi Blackadder,

I am french, new in Singapore, here for one year to work. I like to travle, discover and learn other cultures. Studied economics, hsitory and politics like you. Like to discuss and re make the world as we say in french.
Would like to join your groupif there is one. Will be overseas this week , but in Singapore next week. Leave me a message on the forum if interested
Marion