Singapore Expats Forum

Jobs for 14?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

hennu

Jobs for 14?

Postby hennu » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:13 pm

hi im a studying girl and i need to help my parents out because of financial disabililty..is there any jobs for teens around 14? part-time on weekends? i wanted to go for macdonalds..but im a vegetarian and my mum is against it. can anyone help?

PastaGirl

Re: Jobs for 14?

Postby PastaGirl » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 2:10 am

hennu wrote:hi im a studying girl and i need to help my parents out because of financial disabililty..is there any jobs for teens around 14? part-time on weekends? i wanted to go for macdonalds..but im a vegetarian and my mum is against it. can anyone help?

This might be difficult for you. Some employers might not want workers at 16 yrs below cause they sometimes might be charged as hiring underage teens.

If you really really need it, maybe you can try asking people who took care of shopping cart.. you know now every shopping centre do have shopping cart which they took care of the things they sell. Some people who own the business might not take care of their business themselves as they need to travel around to search for stuff to make business.

You might want to go around those and see whether they post an opening of assistant.

Hope my opinion helps...

Postby Guest » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 9:46 pm

let me see...I was a student here in Singapore...what did I do....I worked at SPCA cleaning poos....worked in a CD shop, Burger King, Zoo and Hotel bell boy....I was well below 16 and I was a foreigner too.....you can get a job all right....but I fear none is good enough for your full stomach. Wait until you are more hungry and willing to do anything for money.

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Jobs for 14?

Postby briceloh » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 6:08 pm

firepooh wrote:
If you want you can help me to do selling.....I am a supplier and you can sell to your frds firepooh888@yahoo.com

selling your MLM to a 14 year old? :shock:
IBMing

Postby Guest » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 3:44 pm

I dont know what wrong with you. I am a real supplier...Stop your nonsense.. You are not cool but irritating

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 3:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:I dont know what wrong with you. I am a real supplier...Stop your nonsense.. You are not cool but irritating

yes, i'm easily irritated by ppl like u. or maybe u wanna try tell us what u wrote the other day about your "products"? i'm kinda forgetful and it got deleted, so i can't refer back now. thx.
IBMing

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 3:54 pm

Yeah, are you offering to let the 14-year-old take your products and sell it to her friends, then split the profits? Or are you going to sell them to her and make profits off her?

Didn't you read - "financial disability"?

hennu, I've countless vegan friends in McD's. Just wear your gloves, which is std issue anyway...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.