Singapore Expats Forum

where to have a big party with swimming pool?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

singapore=party

where to have a big party with swimming pool?

Postby singapore=party » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 1:12 pm

i'm kinda new to singapore and i want to throw a big party for my college friends (about 100 of them). there's gonna be a lot of drinking and probably live rock band and i also would like a swimming pool. does anyone know where might be suitable place for this sort of party?

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 7:08 pm

Woah... Thats gonna cost you a bomb!! haha.. Erm.. i think you won't be able to find that here.. because i can'y think of anywhere.. seriously.. why don't you try the beach?? But i seriously don't think you can get permission to havea live rock band there..
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Shilo

Postby Shilo » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 4:23 am

So let me get this right.
You live in a foreign country you have not been in long and would like to throw a massive bash for 100 college friends you went to school with in your country of origin.
You want to throw this party in your country of residence, presumably Malaysia.
The venue should have a large swimming pool

Richard Branson......is that you ?

exHK

Re: where to have a big party with swimming pool?

Postby exHK » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 7:35 am

singapore=party wrote:i'm kinda new to singapore and i want to throw a big party for my college friends (about 100 of them). there's gonna be a lot of drinking and probably live rock band and i also would like a swimming pool. does anyone know where might be suitable place for this sort of party?

any hotel with a pool will have you if you can pay!

Are we invited?

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 9:17 am

Id go !
Dont forget the live Music.
I believe Sting is free.

Postby Guest » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 3:15 pm

Shilo wrote:So let me get this right.
You live in a foreign country you have not been in long and would like to throw a massive bash for 100 college friends you went to school with in your country of origin.
You want to throw this party in your country of residence, presumably Malaysia.
The venue should have a large swimming pool

Richard Branson......is that you ?

no dude, your making things complicated. maybe not really 100 but at least 60 of them. and yes i met most of them here.

well i have been here for about an year, just finished my exchange program at NUS and before i leave i wish to throw a party for my friends here for memory sake.

for some reason i really dont like idea of having any party near the beach...seems really common here.

I was looking forward something like backyard parties but unfortunately there arent many people who own houses with pools here, which kinda sucks.

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 8:14 pm

Oh, ok.

I have to tell you, it sounded better when I was organising it.
you know.......sting was keen.

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:15 am

any more input?