Singapore Expats Forum

Intelligent Girls

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

LoveIt

Intelligent Girls

Postby LoveIt » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 1:56 pm

Okay, got a question. I come across a lot of personals and from conversations with male friends, they always state that a girls' looks do not matter at all, that it is inconsequential.

So guys are always saying how they just want an intelligent girl. So to all the men here, is this true? What is your definition of intelligence? What aspects of her personality would you find to be intelligent? Does her career matter? Does how much she earns equate to how intelligent she is?So hope i can get some points from this topic.

P.S. Yes before you lambast me for my lack of intelligence in creating such a thread, i admit i am rather stupid and i think thats the main reason why i am still single :( Anyway, pls answer the questions in a civil manner.:)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Intelligent Girls

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:19 pm

[quote="LoveIt"]Okay, got a question. I come across a lot of personals and from conversations with male friends, they always state that a girls' looks do not matter at all, that it is inconsequential [quote]

I'm not a guy but I had to laugh when I read the above. Almost all the guys I know openly admit that looks are important and being slim is a must. And from personal experience and looking at my girlfriends, the slim and pretty ones get lots of dates while the intelligent ones have more of a problem. If your friends were right this world would be a very different place so I really question the validity of your sources, sorry.

LoveIt

Postby LoveIt » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:44 pm

HEHEHE, Yes Windinthe..thats what i thought...lets hear from the males who are brave enough to reply..

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:52 pm

I’m going to revert momentarily to my days of bachelorhood.
I am after all very happily married.

I personally always preferred intelligent woman with big breast’s!
lol

sergy

Postby sergy » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 3:52 pm

Tall, slim, big breast girls is good, but small pcs. of brain in head can be plus too. Local girls don’t know anything about politics, geography, history of the world, most of them can only talk about night life, food, so one.
So, how can stay with such person longer then 1 week?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:05 pm

Looks may attract, for sure, but it is just part of the whole experience of attractiveness. It is the combination of sexual, emotional and intellectual attraction that does make a man (at least myself) go wild.

If it is not challenging in one of these three areas, there is no longlasting attraction.

Eric

ej

Postby ej » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:20 pm

any gurl could attract a guy with her smooth complexion, big boobs and the what nots. but it takes something deeper than that to make the guy stay.

the problem is.. we are always attracted to a personality. but we forget we have to live with the character. ( one of the contributing factors of a failed relationship, which i've learnt the hard way)

this applies to both parties. the "man are from mars. woman are from venus" is crap. man are from earth. woman are from earth. deal with it. :P
organised chaos can be a beautiful thing.
i am that beautiful thing.

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:45 pm

.Hi ej.
I think you have oversimplified the metaphor.
Men are from Mars, women are from Venus is an analogy used to show the differences between us.
I understand less about women than...well....perhaps any other man on earth.
I do know that the basis for any understanding between sexes is understanding the differences between them.
They do exist and must be appreciated.

Just my view

Shilo

Postby Shilo » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:46 pm

Sorry, last post was mine.

selfish_gene

Postby selfish_gene » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:59 pm

LoveIt wrote:and from conversations with male friends, they always state that a girls' looks do not matter at all, that it is inconsequential.
Nah they're just being diplomatic.....for some guys; looks are the only thing that matters.

LoveIt wrote:So guys are always saying how they just want an intelligent girl.
Not me. I guess it's just a way of reading that statement, most guys wouldn't mind a girl who's somewhat intelligent.

LoveIt wrote:What is your definition of intelligence?
I speak for myself, an intelligent women in my terms does not necessary mean "book-smarts". More importantly is how she carries herself in the public eye and behind closed doors.
Oi! Oi! Oi!

sved

Postby sved » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 6:18 pm

"Wow, look ! That girl has such a big intelligence !"

For sure people are attracted by physical at first. But physical is also attitudes, expressions, face emotions, moves, way of dressing... It's not only the global shape, it can be charming details...

And girls which are less attractive are often more interesting.. and usually they win at the end...
Forgive my english, still learning ...

ej

Postby ej » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 7:19 pm

hi Shilo

understood that. my theory about man are from earth, woman are from earth are for those people who usually use those differences to compare and then condemn the other species for being different than they are. i hate it when that happens.

the beauty of a relationship, as i've learned for this 30 years between a man and woman, ( or even between the same gender) is being ONE entity while celebrating the differences between two people.
organised chaos can be a beautiful thing.

i am that beautiful thing.

Shilo

Postby Shilo » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 8:16 pm

Fair comment ej.
Understood.
See ya.

:D

local lass

Postby local lass » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 9:14 pm

LoveIt wrote:Okay, got a question. I come across a lot of personals and from conversations with male friends, they always state that a girls' looks do not matter at all, that it is inconsequential.

I'm a girl and I feel exactly the same way :)

LoveIt wrote:What is your definition of intelligence?

For me, intelligence is not related to book-smarts. Intelligence is the quick grasp of a point/situation, ability to put one and one together, read between the lines, pick out the crux of the issue/problem etc. All these come out very quickly when you talk to a person.

I also admire those who are well-informed, well read, with considered opinions. There are more interesting things to talk to them about, other than how's your day, what do you want to eat for dinner etc. They don't necessarily have to be experts in world politics, history of the world etc. But they at least have to have read the news and be aware of what's going on. Not to mention a few books other than their school texts and trade publications.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:59 pm

hey local lass, i'm just curious... did your date with that guest who gave you his email on this forum work out? it's nice to see people making friends online... i met my ex that way and though we broke up i must say it was a good experience on the whole. if you don't mind my being nosey do update me!