Singapore Expats Forum

What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Guest wrote "And that you should be proud of my young man!!!! My mother was also in the same situation and without education, she is my strength and role model.
Don't forget to reward your mum for her devotion "

Slightly patronizing but thank you.
"
YF wrote "I pulled someone from a burning car once. I didn't think it was that amazing "

Well done YF.
I once removed a burnt corps from a wrecked vehicle.
I did'nt think that was too amazing either.

Guest wrote "
I walked the desert from Abu Dahbi to Sharjah before there was any highways, under 72 hrs"

My kind of guy.
I once walked (most of the way)from Port Augusta to Alice springs before the road was sealed.
I did'nt own a car.
Slightly patronizing but thank you.

Sorry it really wasn't meant to be patronizing, It really is very difficult to be a single parent, happened to mum, and also to myself.

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:funny, i said i fxxx 3 men in one night ... and it became freaked out 3 men in one night. hahahahahaha!!!
Thats because there is a filter to filter the bad words, try FCUK

I believe

Postby I believe » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 5:40 am

I shook hands with the President and we discussed politics into the early hours of the morn. I was too drunk at the time so I don't really remember which President it was or which country he represented or 'presidented' over.

Heheheheheha :D :D :lol:

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this life

Postby superedge » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:15 pm

Daishonin wrote:What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime?

For example, swimming across the English Channel in 12 hours....

Admitted to university at the age of 14....and so on and so forth ..blah blah blah...

Heard Lky was awarded tripos dun know what.. in LLB from Cambridge.
A s s Loong son finished a 3 yr course in 2 yrs.

For me, I did my "A" Levels as a part time candidate and I passed with a full certificate. Some students did it full time and yet fail to get a full certificate.

How about u guys/ gals?????

I was never the 'smartest' guy in school, neither at the college, but at age of 21 I 'almost' won a national software contest in Brazil, then got hired by Microsoft, then I travelled to USA, then I met many people that gave me the option to earn less but travel more by doing the so called 'computer-programming-nerd-art' :), then I did that...

Since then I visited/lived more than 15 countries, I have learned 5 languages (english, spanish, french, italian), I have taken about 3500 photographs and I met *sooo many* cool people in this planet, I have seen so many cultural things and now I am here in Singapore...and life goes on.

can this count? :)

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 9:07 pm

Guest wrote
"Sorry it really wasn't meant to be patronizing, It really is very difficult to be a single parent, happened to mum, and also to myself."

No, Im sorry.
Thank you.

Daishonin - You are way cool !