Singapore Expats Forum

What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Daishonin

What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime

Postby Daishonin » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:40 pm

What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime?

For example, swimming across the English Channel in 12 hours....

Admitted to university at the age of 14....and so on and so forth ..blah blah blah...

Heard Lky was awarded tripos dun know what.. in LLB from Cambridge.
A s s Loong son finished a 3 yr course in 2 yrs.

For me, I did my "A" Levels as a part time candidate and I passed with a full certificate. Some students did it full time and yet fail to get a full certificate.

How about u guys/ gals?????

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:46 pm

Great thread.
Am looking forward to the replies.

Carmichael

Postby Carmichael » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:08 am

too many to list and not important to list because in my own opinion good deeds need to be done quietly and unconditionally- without need for admiration or recognition

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:18 am

What incredible/uncommon deed have you done in this lifetime?

Carmichael,

I think the OP is a little mixed up. He talks about Good/Uncommon Deeds but then goes to giving examples self aggrandizement. Maybe the OP needs to be a little more specific. or should rephrase his question to match his examples, e.g., increadible/uncommon feats instead of deeds.

sms

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:28 am

>>because in my own opinion good deeds need to be done quietly and unconditionally- without need for admiration or recognition<<<,,

I think u muz have failed your school comprehension test. This thread is not abt doing goody goody things. It's abt DOING INCREDIBLE or UNCOMMON THINGS which the rest of the population will find difficulty in doing....

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:50 am

If you look a little more closely at the human condition you will find greatness everywhere.
My own mother gave birth to three children and raised them as a single parent.

:D

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:57 am

Anonymous wrote:>>because in my own opinion good deeds need to be done quietly and unconditionally- without need for admiration or recognition<<<,,

I think u muz have failed your school comprehension test. This thread is not abt doing goody goody things. It's abt DOING INCREDIBLE or UNCOMMON THINGS which the rest of the population will find difficulty in doing....

Daishonin, i presume you posted this ? I wont go into attacks here but clearly you did not make your post clear - your post here is rather rude-like Carmichael i too did not understand what you were trying to say here-
one moment you post one comment, then another moment your answer is completely different

Matrix8

Postby Matrix8 » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 1:11 am

I can speak English, Mandarin, Malay, Thai, Hokien, Cantonese and Teochew

:D :D

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:17 am

Shilo2010 wrote:If you look a little more closely at the human condition you will find greatness everywhere.
My own mother gave birth to three children and raised them as a single parent.

:D

And that you should be proud of my young man!!!! My mother was also in the same situation and without education, she is my strength and role model.
Don't forget to reward your mum for her devotion

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 4:23 am

I walked the desert from Abu Dahbi to Sharjah before there was any highways, under 72 hrs

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 5:53 am

I pulled someone from a burning car once. I didn't think it was that amazing but when I got on the scene there was about 20 people standing around watching. I don't know why they hand't done it already.

As well I have ADD and dyslexia and I never gratuated from highschool (not even close), as well my mom and I were poor and she was single parent; however, when I was 22 I decided to go back to school: I ended up as a deans list student with a BA Honors in Philosophy, a BSc and an MSc in Computer Science and I am doing my PhD at Yale in Evolutionary Biology. It doesn't seem that amazing from my perspective--I just happen to like school now which makes it easy--but my friends love to tell the story, and I like to tell it to people who think they are "too dumb" to do something--you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to it.

-Rob

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 9:06 am

Guest wrote "And that you should be proud of my young man!!!! My mother was also in the same situation and without education, she is my strength and role model.
Don't forget to reward your mum for her devotion "

Slightly patronizing but thank you.

"
YF wrote "I pulled someone from a burning car once. I didn't think it was that amazing "

Well done YF.
I once removed a burnt corps from a wrecked vehicle.
I did'nt think that was too amazing either.

Guest wrote "
I walked the desert from Abu Dahbi to Sharjah before there was any highways, under 72 hrs"

My kind of guy.
I once walked (most of the way)from Port Augusta to Alice springs before the road was sealed.
I did'nt own a car.

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 6:10 pm

i freak 3 men in one night. btw i'm a woman.

Postby Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 6:11 pm

funny, i said i fxxx 3 men in one night ... and it became freaked out 3 men in one night. hahahahahaha!!!

sved

Postby sved » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 6:23 pm

I prevented two people from commiting suicide... by talking to them.
I think they live a happy life now, at least they didn't tried again.
Forgive my english, still learning ...