Singapore Expats Forum

how to cut down smoking

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Smoker

how to cut down smoking

Postby Smoker » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:20 pm

I am trying real hard to kick off my smoking habit but the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable as I keep running into high fever, fatigue & body muscle aches.

I would sincerely like to hear some encouragement from ex-addicts who manage to conquer themselves over the habit on how they are able to do it. I do not wish to hear anything from non-smokers or social smokers because I don't think you people will ever understand.

Please drop your golden lines here.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:45 pm

I managed stopping by
1) writing down the pro and cons of smoking
2) after I made my decision, telling everybody I had stopped.

In my case it worked quite well. Good luck!
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

VirgoStar

Re: how to cut down smoking

Postby VirgoStar » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 2:24 pm

Smoker wrote:I am trying real hard to kick off my smoking habit but the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable as I keep running into high fever, fatigue & body muscle aches.

I would sincerely like to hear some encouragement from ex-addicts who manage to conquer themselves over the habit on how they are able to do it. I do not wish to hear anything from non-smokers or social smokers because I don't think you people will ever understand.

Please drop your golden lines here.

Sorry to say, I'm a non-smoker but rest be assured that I have no discriminations against smokers. Some of my great pals are smokers. I have some practical suggestions:

1) cut down very very slowly. (20 sticks to 15, 15 to 12 etc etc) do it over a few months.
2) did u try nicotine patches?
3) chew gum (don't tell me singapore banned gum...u should *ahem ahem* have your own resources to get them ;))
4) er...nicotine gum?

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 2:30 pm

i have a colleague who quit just over night. before that he's a chain smoker. why he quit? cause he visited his relative who died of lung cancer, and he said that the poor guy don't even have voice for saying goodbye to his family. sad isn't it? so he don't want the same thing to happen to him nor to his childrens and wife. very determined effort, if u ask me.... just over night and he quit. everyone wondered if it's true. but then he never lifted a cig infront of us at work anymore.
IBMing

Yihan

Smoking

Postby Yihan » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 5:14 pm

Hi Smoker ,

I know of someone who might be able to help you quit smoking ,
let me know if you wish to know more . Email at yihan2604@yahoo.com.sg

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 6:05 pm

firepooh wrote:Easy to quit by following my ways and concept. meet me if you are free and I will tell you step by step......firepooh888@yahoo.com

wow, this guy is sellling his MLM all the way till here giving advises to ppl who wanna quit smoking? come on, if u want more fishes for your MLM scheme just say so. what tell u step by step. might as well say what u wanna sell to him in order for him to sell to others and in the mean time, make so much money that he'll quit smoking too? :evil: :evil: :evil:
IBMing