Singapore Expats Forum

Moslem women told not to wear hijabs....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Moslem women told not to wear hijabs....

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 8:24 pm

Moslem clerics told their women not to wear hijabs in fear of of attacks by the whites.

This is rather ridiculous. So rules can be changed when it suits the clerics :roll: I thought this was impossible to do. WHAT A HYPOCRITICAL RELIGION :roll: :roll:

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 8:26 pm

where did u read this? i don't understand. :?: how will not wearing a hijab prevent attacks by the whites?

Shine_1000

Postby Shine_1000 » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 8:44 pm

It is the latest news on the internet about this matter. I have also read this and it is totally ridiculous and hypocritical. With their freak hijabs they are easy targets in the western societies. If they remove them they will resemble like other women from different communities and targetting will be more difficult. See the workings of islam??

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 8:59 pm

hmm.. i do not think i know of any incidents that the whites are targeting muslim women. if there's any, it's probably done by some small minded ppl who got nothing better to do than ruin other ppl's life.

Re: Moslem women told not to wear hijabs....

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 9:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:Moslem clerics told their women not to wear hijabs in fear of of attacks by the whites.

This is rather ridiculous. So rules can be changed when it suits the clerics :roll: I thought this was impossible to do. WHAT A HYPOCRITICAL RELIGION :roll: :roll:

You should get your facts right before starting a panic!

First this is happeing in UK since the bombings, a few women have been insulted, the clerics have said they are not obliged to wear the hijabs, if they feel uncomfortable going out.

It appears that there is a rise in attacks on muslim mosques, from a few anti-social areas.

It is up to the muslims to stand firm, these are just uneducated yobs on the street, that are quite harmless, no on as been attacked physically.

But I can imagine, that wearing of the mask in UK, will not help matters. I believe also one woman was turned away from the bus also. Obviously bus drivers are afraid, who is getting on the bus, after the suicide bombing. So the mask is a symbol of Islam and therefore a threat to people in fear, that cannot see beyond the mask. I believe this to be a normal reaction under the circumstances.

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 9:45 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Moslem clerics told their women not to wear hijabs in fear of of attacks by the whites.

First this is happeing in UK since the bombings, a few women have been insulted, the clerics have said they are not obliged to wear the hijabs, if they feel uncomfortable going out.

It appears that there is a rise in attacks on muslim mosques, from a few anti-social areas.

It is up to the muslims to stand firm, these are just uneducated yobs on the street, that are quite harmless, no on as been attacked physically.

But I can imagine, that wearing of the mask in UK, will not help matters. I believe also one woman was turned away from the bus also. Obviously bus drivers are afraid, who is getting on the bus, after the suicide bombing. So the mask is a symbol of Islam and therefore a threat to people in fear, that cannot see beyond the mask. I believe this to be a normal reaction under the circumstances.

Whose fault is it? These pathetics have brought it against themselves vy their own doing, have they not???

Besides, Blair was told by the al-kieda or osama bin laden's deputy, that he is the cause of all the bombings in the UK :roll:

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Whose fault is it? These pathetics have brought it against themselves vy their own doing, have they not???

Besides, Blair was told by the al-kieda or osama bin laden's deputy, that he is the cause of all the bombings in the UK :roll:[/quote

Really do you have to shout! Don't be so naieve to think this extremist army was built since the Iraqi conflict, The extremist have been left alone for well over 40 years, to spread their hate and their ambitious gaols.

It is correct to say, that Blair may have speeded up the conflict, however the conflict would have come sooner or later. We can only be thankful that blair and bush did react after 9/11. and If you are on the side of the extremist, then I suggest you consider your choices!

Becuase not even your own people wish to chose your primitive way of life. wise up and get a life you can be proud of.

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Besides, Blair was told by the al-kieda or osama bin laden's deputy, that he is the cause of all the bombings in the UK :roll:[/quote

Really do you have to shout! Don't be so naieve to think this extremist army was built since the Iraqi conflict, The extremist have been left alone for well over 40 years, to spread their hate and their ambitious gaols.

It is correct to say, that Blair may have speeded up the conflict, however the conflict would have come sooner or later. We can only be thankful that blair and bush did react after 9/11. and If you are on the side of the extremist, then I suggest you consider your choices!

Becuase not even your own people wish to chose your primitive way of life. wise up and get a life you can be proud of.

Sorry briceloh it appears that it is a text fault , and you wasn't shouting. even though you didn't log in, it showed that you wrote the above!

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:59 pm

briceloh wrote:where did u read this? i don't understand. :?: how will not wearing a hijab prevent attacks by the whites?

I don't see why you refer to the west as whites, unless you are a dedicated racist? I mean I really don't like to think of myself white, that's why I have a sun tan.

Sir Ian

Postby Sir Ian » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:28 pm

Well it's surely a simple matter. If Muslims desire to cooperate in the fight against the suicide bombers, surely they should not wear clothing concealing their faces and make it harder for security forces to check their identity. And they will help to reduce tension if they show their non-Muslim fellow Londoners that they are not hiding anything within thick clothing.

It's gratifying to see that the Muslim clerics are urging cooperation. Let's see if their community are as reasonable.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:33 pm

EXCUSE ME. IT'S MUSLIM NOT MOSLEM. you need to get your spelling right before starting this thread. And plus, it's not a HYPOCRITICAL RELIGION. I don't know where you hear all this from. But as far as I know, YOU'RE THE HYPOCRITICAL PERSON, who couldn't face the reality of the world and yet you give such a comment. I wonder, which planet did your mom give birth to you? Pluto?! I bet soo.... :evil:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:10 am

queenie-me wrote:

EXCUSE ME. IT'S MUSLIM NOT MOSLEM. you need to get your spelling right before starting this thread. And plus, it's not a HYPOCRITICAL RELIGION. I don't know where you hear all this from. But as far as I know, YOU'RE THE HYPOCRITICAL PERSON, who couldn't face the reality of the world and yet you give such a comment. I wonder, which planet did your mom give birth to you? Pluto?! I bet soo.... :evil:

"queenie-you" obviously know how to read, now if you'll just learn how to comprehend what you read......

I gave you links before so you wouldn't look so silly. But since you insist on yelling at the posters even though they are correct and you are wrong, I am posting the definition below for all to see just how wrong you are:

Muslim
Moslem

noun
1. A follower of the religion of Islam.
adj
1. Belonging or relating to Muslims or to Islam. See also Islam, Muhammadan.

Etymology: 17c: from Arabic muslim, literally ‘one who submits', from salma to submit (to God).

Info:
Both Moslem and Muslim are correct, but the second is now more common than the first. The term Mohammedan is considered offensive by many Muslims and is best avoided. :oops:

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:46 am

dude, dnt anyhow put the blame on me. i didnt write that rubbish. and i dnt hide under the "guest" account. i'd already suggested that there shld be some regulations in this forum but nobody listens. tat's why there are ppl like u who starts flaming behind the guest account and put others in the spot. how naive really, those threads come after mine and they belongs to me?

Postby Guest » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:30 am

Isn't it MUM and not MOM ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:30 pm

briceloh wrote:dude, dnt anyhow put the blame on me. i didnt write that rubbish. and i dnt hide under the "guest" account. i'd already suggested that there shld be some regulations in this forum but nobody listens. tat's why there are ppl like u who starts flaming behind the guest account and put others in the spot. how naive really, those threads come after mine and they belongs to me?

Huh? Brice, what's that all about? who's blaming you for what?