Singapore Expats

Beware of TV repair man

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
chanB

Beware of TV repair man

Post by chanB » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 7:31 pm

Dear All,

I was just conned by a TV repair man( name:Robin Go_, hp. 91711_1_). find his service in ST classified. one month ago, my SONY TV was blackout, with continues clicking noise. He came did some tunning and told me he changed 2 components. I check the PCB there isn't any fresh soldering, but I paid him S$105 because the TV was working. Told me warrenty is 1 month.

After 1month and 4 days, the same problem happened. He told me warrenty over, transport S$20. component replacement will be charged accordingly. I told him it's the same problem, i'll pay for transport but not the component. He reply it could be other components and going to charge me again. I F'ed :twisted: him. I'm getting a new TV set.

Chan

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 9:03 am

he pissed you off so bad and you...f*ed him? was it free for him?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 1:56 pm

Are you kidding or do you seriously believe he installed new components designed to work for 1 month and 4 days, and be sure to get extra business?
Come on... To me it seems quite normal practice to give you a few weeks warranty after a repair, 2 weeks is already good. How can this guy know about all the other components and commit himself for more than a few weeks??

And if the same problem happened again to your TV, it means that it's not the components which were replaced that are faulty. It looks like something else is going wrong and makes these components damaged.

Let me ask you if it's only a TV problem? Looks like you don't like that guy for other reasons...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Post by Sonus » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:55 pm

If you need a reliable TV repairman, let me know. Me and my relatives had been giving him jobs for years. :)

Javier
Regular
Regular

Post by Javier » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:19 am

Yah, it certainly sounds like something else is causing the thing he replaced to be spoiled. May need to change the something else also.
Useful webby for expats: Blog of nice things you can find in Singapore costing below $2. Updated very regularly.
http://www.cheaploh.com.sg

SAMSUNG

Need reliable TV repair man

Post by SAMSUNG » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 3:54 pm

Hi Sonus,

my TV is having a problem now. I'm having a big headache choosing a reliable man to repair it.

Can you give me the no of the repair guy that's been giving u and ur relatives services? How much is the charges?

Thanks.

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Re: Need reliable TV repair man

Post by Sonus » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:43 pm

SAMSUNG wrote:Hi Sonus,

my TV is having a problem now. I'm having a big headache choosing a reliable man to repair it.

Can you give me the no of the repair guy that's been giving u and ur relatives services? How much is the charges?

Thanks.
Hi there, here is his contact.

Tan Tiong Cheng
h/p: 90229825

Charges i can't give you a definite answer. Just call him and tell him your tv model and talk about it. Good Luck! :)