Singapore Expats Forum

Signing Indemnity Form

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

question

Signing Indemnity Form

Postby question » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:56 am

hi folks.

we have a company party and the management distributed a Form, so called, Indemnity form. The rough contents are, in case anything happen to me, indure, any infection of dease from our own, is all individuals responsibility, not anything related to the company.
And the managing assistant said, if i don't sign on the form, there is no ticket to enter the place.

Is it normal behavior in company activity?
I've never heard of this soft of things and quite confused.

Anybody, please advise.

Guest

Re: siging on Indemnity Form

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 1:03 pm

question wrote:hi folks.

we have a company party and the management distributed a Form, so called, Indemnity form. The rough contents are, in case anything happen to me, indure, any infection of dease from our own, is all individuals responsibility, not anything related to the company.
And the managing assistant said, if i don't sign on the form, there is no ticket to enter the place.

Is it normal behavior in company activity?
I've never heard of this soft of things and quite confused.

Anybody, please advise.


i oso (sic) confuse? where is this party going to be held..in a hospital? boat? airplane? confined space? bangkok?

elaborate..

Liar

Postby Liar » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 3:15 pm

Section 1(3) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act reads as follows:-

"In the case of both contract and tort, sections 2 to 7 apply (except where the contrary is stated in section 6 (4)) only to business liability, that is liability for breach of obligations or duties arising from things done or to be done by a person in the course of a business (whether his own business or another’s), and references to liability are to be read accordingly."

Section 2 of the same Act reads as follows:-

"2. —(1) A person cannot by reference to any contract term or to a notice given to persons generally or to particular persons exclude or restrict his liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.

(2) In the case of other loss or damage, a person cannot so exclude or restrict his liability for negligence except in so far as the term or notice satisfies the requirement of reasonableness.

(3) Where a contract term or notice purports to exclude or restrict liability for negligence, a person’s agreement to or awareness of it is not of itself to be taken as indicating his voluntary acceptance of any risk."

Question is, is your company party a "business" such that the Unfair Contract Terms Act apply?

question

Postby question » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 3:49 pm

Liar wrote:Section 1(3) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act reads as follows:-

Question is, is your company party a "business" such that the Unfair Contract Terms Act apply?


this is a company gathering for employees', like casual party.

Liar

Postby Liar » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 4:06 pm

question wrote:
Liar wrote:Section 1(3) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act reads as follows:-

Question is, is your company party a "business" such that the Unfair Contract Terms Act apply?


this is a company gathering for employees', like casual party.


Do you pay to attend the party?

question

Postby question » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 4:11 pm

no. it is totally organized by the company side. As far as i am understanding is,
this kind of thing is regarded as Company Activity, related with company. but the company side pushes emplyoees to sign on the form to prevent any kinds of risks that the company might get on. If i don't sign, they are not giving the ticket.

Liar

Postby Liar » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 4:30 pm

question wrote:no. it is totally organized by the company side. As far as i am understanding is,
this kind of thing is regarded as Company Activity, related with company. but the company side pushes emplyoees to sign on the form to prevent any kinds of risks that the company might get on. If i don't sign, they are not giving the ticket.


Well then it would appear you will not be protected by the Unfair Contract Terms Act...

Your company is probably just afraid that some of you guys might have adverse reactions to the food that will be served. Just go enjoy the party imo and get a lawyer later if a problem does in fact arise.

question

Postby question » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 4:43 pm

|Well then it would appear you will not be protected by the Unfair Contract Terms Act... |

what does this mean???

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 6:13 pm

question wrote:|Well then it would appear you will not be protected by the Unfair Contract Terms Act... |

what does this mean???


your answers are extremely irritating because you arent giving details
why dont u give info like
-where
-why -
whats the occasion
- how many people attending
0 what kind of company? multi national? local?
or just put the name of the company here
if this is a windup DONT waste our time!

question

Postby question » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:
question wrote:|Well then it would appear you will not be protected by the Unfair Contract Terms Act... |

what does this mean???


your answers are extremely irritating because you arent giving details
why dont u give info like
-where
-why -
whats the occasion
- how many people attending
0 what kind of company? multi national? local?
or just put the name of the company here
if this is a windup DONT waste our time!


if you don't have a solution, don't waste my time.
is it differenly adapted depends on it is local or mnc? mnc companies, do they follow thier origin country law, even it is set up based on the local law?

- why? i said, a employees' gathering, a party.
- is it different that, how many people are involving? is it differently adapted by the numbers of attendents? i thought everybody's individual life is just respected by itself, not depends on the numbers of people? your thinking is just like communists.

ok? read books and come again. and most of all, if you don't have a solution, don't bother me with nonsense, got it?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests