Singapore Expats

How to obtain a Dependent pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply

How to obtain a Dependent pass

Post by tomehans » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 9:45 am

Arrived in Singapore before summer. Family is arriving now. Anyone know what I have to do to get a dependent pass for them ? I have a Work pass myself type P1

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 4:09 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Pralvika » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 1:16 pm

Hi there, u can download the application form from and submit it to mom(china town) along with your employer letter. Since I am an indian national, i got a marriage cert from indian hicom here and produced it along. So you got to get this marriage cert from your embassy and produce it along with the application.


User avatar
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon, 30 May 2005 8:20 pm

Post by k1w1 » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 7:14 pm

You will also need birth certificates for your children. everyone will need passport photos. I had to have medical checks too (our kids didn't). It takes ages, so if you are not Australian or American make sure you keep their passports up to date with visitor's passes. (We were only given 30 days, and this expired and we were given a hefty fine and nasty black mark in our passports.) The social visit pass must be valid when you pick the dependant passes up. I think Aussies and Americans get 90 days (?)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests