Singapore Expats

Renew PR (REP) or take up citizinship

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply

Renew PR (REP) or take up citizinship

Post by SgAus » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 5:19 pm

Present SPR studying in Aus,
Unlikely to work and contribute to singapore economy before PR (REP) due to renew in 2009, will this cause big problem?
esp. given that insufficient amount of period of residency in singapore while being a PR?

Anyone can advice~~?

==another option is to take up Citizenship, under current policy, seems must be not absent from singapore for more than 12 months in past 6 yrs,
unless "SPECIAL CASE" (official reason)

but if my doctoral study can be recognized in this case, of course I can tell ICA that my study/degree will eventually benefits Singapore blah blah blah...

Need your advice again~


==type in a hurry, forgive typos etc.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests