Singapore Expats Forum

The Bravery

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
newgirl
Regular
Regular

The Bravery

Postby newgirl » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 8:10 pm

I've been seeing a lot of The Bravery on MTV and have just downloaded, erm I mean bought their album, which is fab.

Coincidentally, they are coming to Singapore next week and I was wondering if anyone was going/fancied going? NB, if you are a cool young thing then I could pretend to be your auntie.

For those of you who are in their 30+s, they sound a bit like New Order meets the Cure meets Echo and the Bunnymen. So, if you were a shoegazer you would love them.

Tickets are $60 for next Fri.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/SOPApp/SOPPort ... -b5KAzsJFM

soully

The Killers

Postby soully » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 8:37 pm

Hi there...

Have you listened to The Killers yet?? They sound kinda the same but better lyrics and rythym...

Anyway how many ppl are going? I'm keen.

Regards and smile always...
"Give a little soul to a souless life and may it fill the souless life with a little soul..."

shazzy

Postby shazzy » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 2:06 pm

hey, i'm going :D anyone else?

-CS-

Postby -CS- » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 6:35 pm

I'm thinking about going along too ... can we get tickets on the door?

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:53 pm

Hi CS

I only just bought mine online from Sistic on Tuesday, but don't think it will be a sellout. Also, it's standing as well so it's not as if the seats have gone.

It should be a good night- have you heard of the local support act Electrico?

Jack The Ripper

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 8:07 am

Can't join this time.. but keep me posted if you go another time. other concert ;) mail 2 : artmnc at yahoo.com

-CS-

Postby -CS- » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:23 pm

Cool, I'll get mine on the door. Haven't heard of Electrico, but with a name like that, they gotta be good!

So newgirl, Shazzy, Soully fancy meeting up beforehand? Are there any good bars near the Stadium?

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 9:47 pm

Hullo

I am going with another mad Scottish bird, and Stefania may be joining us too. If you can understand us over the noise you will be doing well, haha.

I have to pick up the tickets from the Stadium, if you fancy meeting up, send me a pm and I will give you my mobile phone number.

PS- Is black eyeliner and a sour expression on your face compulsory?

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 9:58 pm

newgirl, are you picking up the tickets for us or yours as well? A lil confused, i'll send ya a PM.

Regarding the eyeliner and sour expression, it's absolutely compulsory. Make sure you got your dog chain on as well. Cheers.

Postby Guest » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:54 pm

-CS- wrote:Cool, I'll get mine on the door. Haven't heard of Electrico, but with a name like that, they gotta be good!

So newgirl, Shazzy, Soully fancy meeting up beforehand? Are there any good bars near the Stadium?

i'm just 16. so i'm not able to meet up in bars or whatever. i'm just gonna go alone since none of my friends really wanna go to the concert. everyone's down with their books to prepare for the o lvls.

and here i am, just basically slacking, but it's alright. i love the music :)

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:19 am

Thanks newgirl, for inviting us to an absolutely rocking concert! For those who missed it...too bad eh. :P

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 2:15 pm

stefania wrote: For those who missed it...too bad eh. :P

Don't put salt into my wounds... too bad I couldn't go...
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”