Singapore Expats Forum

What we are up against!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Postby Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 6:42 pm

Anonymous wrote:
ksl wrote:Time out ladies and gentlemen please!!!

We are all aware of the sensitivity of politics and religion, So please a little order in the court! I think the discussion is quite an eye opener for many.
But just as there are so many individuals on this earth, there are just as many opinions.

I have really many aquaintences that are of the muslim faith, and I believe there is good and bad in all religions in one form or another, but what it all boils down to is that laws and religion must work together, to protect the naive and weak people from being lead in the wrong direction.

One may say what is the wrong direction! I can only support the legalities of national laws and protection of national security around the world.

It is wrong for extremist to attack our home lands, becuase of their own frustrations of the middle east.

What the extremist are doing In host Countries, will without doubt backfire on the progression of the faith in these Countries, which is a sad day for the religion, and a sad day for those people considering to change faith.

Religion should never be above the law! and yet in many Countries, religion is the law, What we also fail to see, is that some government establishments are above the law.

MOD UK is an example, that it can actually do anything from posioning its own personal, and legally cannot be prosecuted. Weapons of mass destruction where developed and tested on soldiers of the UK from 1950's right up untill 1989, for commercial gain. MOD UK have the Queens protection and cannot be prosecuted under UK law.

This is why I beat my own drum! Many think that I am not patriotic. I am! but am I a patriot, this I believe would have to be no, I have never voted for any government body in the UK ever, because it is my belief, they all piss in the same pot! It's very easy to look at politics and see a religion! So I stay on the side lines.

What do you mean..........I mean which religion do you see in politics?

Sorry it is just a figure of speach in the sense of power seekers recruit followers, to believe in what they say to be true, or what they promise will be delivered.

Again politics in my opinion leaves much to be desired, and they that lead are only interested in themselves and not really the people that vote them in, it is a profession after all.

Like Tony Blairs party is supposed to be labour, but if you take a yard stick and divide it up into politic parties, you will probaly find Blair to be more conservative than labour, he has is religous followers that believe in him. But not in the same sense has faith.

Both topics religion and politics are to sensitive to be discussed on a rational level, when one is a practicing member of a religion or political party. I am neither, but i do have an interest of what is going on.

Postby Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 6:51 pm

It is the disenchanted and deluded lot on this thread the world has to worry about and not the religious people coming from all different backgrounds.

At least people that follow some kind of religion whether it is Christianity, Buddhism or Hindu, have some guidelines as to morality, where are these guidelines to be found for people that don't belong to any religion? I know Buddhism preaches not to kill or to behave immoraly, by providing us the five precepts.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:09 pm

I worry more about the so-called religious types who spout the faith on Saturday or Sunday in confession or prayer and then commit the same sins on Monday morning weekend and weekout. It's these hypocrites that I am scared of. They will kill during the week knowing "God" will forgive them on the weekend. At least those without religion are true to something even if it's only themselves.

I ask you, what good are guidelines if you do not follow them?

sms

holy molly

Postby holy molly » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:39 pm

Why do you always jump to the wrong conclusions, SMS?? Are you saying to us that people that don't follow any religious teachings don't commit any sins and are using their consciences to guide them in life?? I mean this can never be further than the truth, holy folly Mr SMS??? :lol: I believe very strongly people that are genuinely religious commit less sins than people that don't follow any religion. Genuinely religious people have to anwer to God in the end. Who do irreligious people have to be answerable to in the end?? No one! :roll: They don't even have to answer to their consciences or higher minds, if they have any that is :lol:

Becayse I was too quick to respond don't take any mistakes as genuine mistakes and I strongly believe people that are the guinine hypocrites are the the ones that don't have any religion to follow. Sorry, but this what I believe in and that is all there is to it, Mr holy molly, SMS :D :D

Afterall these hypos can never refer to any religious book to substantiate what they do or say now, can they???

Mr SMS, you needn't respond to this one because I know it is kind of too intellctual and deeply spiritual for you to engage in any kind of discussion or profound/deep thinking on the subject, holy moly Mr SMS :D No offence either. One needs to follow a religious book or a belief system in order to participate in this kind of deep spiritiual thinking or discussion. One has to be an extremely profound thinker for them to b able to respond on this one/post.

Bye bye for now and no doubt we shall have discussions which will entail deep thinkers like me correcting unprofound people like you in the near future. Do take care and best of luck for the forthecoming discussions.

Holy, Moly Mr SMS :D :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:41 am

Anonymous wrote:

It is the disenchanted and deluded lot on this thread the world has to worry about and not the religious people coming from all different backgrounds.

At least people that follow some kind of religion whether it is Christianity, Buddhism or Hindu, have some guidelines as to morality, where are these guidelines to be found for people that don't belong to any religion? I know Buddhism preaches not to kill or to behave immoraly, by providing us the five precepts.

If i'm not mistaken, disenchanted is to free from an illusion! May I ask if you are blind, to the fact of what is going on, in the world today?

There is absolutely no deceiving that I can see on this thread, only the reality of religous conflict. Jihad in the eyes of extremist Muslims, is far from an illusion.

At least people that follow some kind of religion whether it is Christianity, Buddhism or Hindu, have some guidelines as to morality, where are these guidelines to be found for people that don't belong to any religion? I know Buddhism preaches not to kill or to behave immoraly, by providing us the five precepts

May I point out, that most children at a very early age, have instinctive behaviour, which is humane and loving, and that heathens at this age, are very open to brainwashing, idealism, indoctrination and many other forms of manipulation. I certainly do not need a religion to teach me morality, when i had parents that can do the same, and even more.

My father who was a staunch catholic, was in my opinion a hypocrite, like most religious people that I know, and yes it is so easy to go in and confess ones sins, to get three hail mary's and a smack on the wrist. while some pervert is fidling around with your children.

Personally I feel sad for anyone that believes they need religion, to teach them morality. Heathens may not go to church, but it doesn't mean that they do not believe in a god, someplace. an lets face it, which religion is right!!!

I profess that god is a part of me, he giveth and taketh away! and he wispers in my ear, that he makes me stronger by testing me, screwing up my life, and then rewarding me for not giving in. Yes maybe I am being punished for my past life, and that is why morality is important.

But seriously I don't need any preacher, vicar or pope, to tell me about morality, when the Church covers up all the child abuse cases, over the years. please give us all a break.

I have had an interest to learn a little from all faiths, which I believe is a much more educational way of looking at religion, to adopt one religion in my eyes is to be very narrow minded, and especially when we all know that the Bibles are adopted to suit there own means, there is always a means to the recruitment of followers.

Today we see almost all religions run as businesses, more and more deviations of new religion, scams and entertainment centres. I visited one in the UK, called New age, and found it quite entertaining,,to the extent, that it turned me off religion altogether.
[/quote]

2Heathen

Postby 2Heathen » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:59 am

Dischanted ones always mistake heavens for heathens, because they sound the same. In their eagerness to justify their deluded mannerisms and pervert thinking, they fail to realize that the meanings are totally opposite.

Postby Guest » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:02 am

ksl, don't talk rubbish.

Postby Guest » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 6:17 am

Religions cause wars :D