Singapore Expats Forum

Students/Adults into Global Issues/International Development

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Students/Adults into Global Issues/International Development

Postby paellafanatic » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 1:01 am

Hi, just wondering if there are any students are adults (local or foreign) passionate about global issues or international development like international poverty and the like. Singapore is the most developed country in Southeast Asia and has so much it can and should contribute in this area. We're also very well placed.

I think one result of Singapore having developed very quickly and having also an authoritarian government is that we generally don't have a population that is aware of terms like "international development" and the like. More and more people are starting to get involved in volunteering locally, but there's yet been great interest in global issues.

I'm a Singaporean passionate about these issues and did my undergraduate studies focusing on international development. I'd like to meet other young people (but also old) who have this interest. I'm particularly interested in the area of global or development education - i.e. bringing an awareness of global issues and international development to people, especially the youths of Singapore.

Anyone interested to interact, PM me or email me at Thanks!