Singapore Expats Forum

Black Spots

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Black Spots

Postby Alfalfa » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:03 am

How do blackspots appear on towel..is it fungus..is it germs...what is it..

How do you avoid this...

Please give me your views ..I have been having this problems ever since my last domestic help left for home and with the new domestic helper I am having this problem...

What could have been done wrongly here? I have to educate her if only I know how? So please help me ot here..anyone with GOOD suggestion please....I don't need crappy ideas alright. :(
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Postby Guest » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:20 am

Problem could be due to leaving the washed towel alone for too long, instead of hanging it to dry immediately after the washing. Any washed clothing should be put out to dry immediately.

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:25 am

That was what i was thinking as well. I think the cloths were left damp somewhere and that formed some moss/fungus on it. I suggest washing all cloths daily and hanging them out to dry immediately. If they're used to wipe any water after that, hang them up to dry as well. Hopefully this helps, or else, get new cloths and see what happens.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elizabeth » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:11 am

The towle was leave damp for too long and when put under the sun it was not dry enough, that why cause the black sport. Or you have been using the towel for a week and after shower you just leave it there without air dry it at all..