Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Drumset/ Tutor

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Looking for Drumset/ Tutor

Postby Chris_Austria » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:21 am

I really start missing my drumset! I ve been here for 3 weeks now, and although I practice every day on a practice pad, I really think that I need a real drumset in order to develop...

so, is there anyone in this forum who has a drumset and is willing to let me play on it approximately 3 days a week? I pay for that!

in addition, anyone interested in giving me some lessons in playing drums? I ve been playing for 6 months now (approximately 2-3 hours a day), and I need to practice with someone..

cheers,

Christoph

Handzatwork

Re: Looking for Drumset/ Tutor

Postby Handzatwork » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:06 pm

Chris_Austria wrote:I really start missing my drumset! I ve been here for 3 weeks now, and although I practice every day on a practice pad, I really think that I need a real drumset in order to develop...

so, is there anyone in this forum who has a drumset and is willing to let me play on it approximately 3 days a week? I pay for that!

in addition, anyone interested in giving me some lessons in playing drums? I ve been playing for 6 months now (approximately 2-3 hours a day), and I need to practice with someone..

cheers,

Christoph

hi. if you haven't found the drumset /tutor, email me at handzatworkyahoo.com.sg. May have someone whocan teach.
Joan C
Handz@work... Where scents and senses entwine
www.handzatwork.com

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 3:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My mailservice tells me that it can't deliver an email to your email adress (and yes, I added the missing @)... is it correct? Or can I just call you?

cheers,

Christoph

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:21 pm

Hey chris
here the studio's are damn cheap...I think 10$ an hour, u can use the drum set there....let me know if u need details. By the way, my hubby is a drummer and he jams up once in two weeks in a studio with other musicians...

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:24 pm

oh, that's really cheap compared to Austria (30$-50$ per hour)... can you recommend me one? Would be great if you could give me the adress...

thanks

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 4:00 pm

the guitarist who normally hires it for everyone is travelling, will give u the number by tomorrow or so

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:09 am

Hi chris
Here is the number finally!!

Mr. Michael Chye : h/p 97337161

Rate is $12/hour, Studio, only a small room, but I think it will serve your purpose, is on Balestier Road.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

drumset

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:01 pm

megha wrote:Hi chris
Here is the number finally!!

Mr. Michael Chye : h/p 97337161

Rate is $12/hour, Studio, only a small room, but I think it will serve your purpose, is on Balestier Road.

Hi megha,
I am a female music lover. Playing drumset is a cool idea for me to make my life in singapore more interesting. would like to take some courses. my only concern is though i have very good sense of music, i am a totally beginner of playing drumset. may i know if there is any beginner class and what abt the course rate?
cheers!

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 1:45 pm

@megha: Thank you very much... you helped me a lot!
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 2:28 pm

chris, u r welcome

musicfever - unfortunately cant help u on that, but there are many music schools here who teach beginners, maybe u check classifieds or open new topic & ask others.

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 4:54 pm

Hi

I am still looking for an appropriate drum studio... the one that megha mentioned is unfortunately a little bit too far away. I am looking for something near to the center (I live at River Valley Road). It's essential that the drumset is in good condition (was at a studio near my place, but the drumset was unbearable due to its bad condition)

so, if anyone of u knows where I could go, please tell me. That'd be wonderful.

Thanks,

Christoph
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

Kash

Postby Kash » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:23 am

Hi there Chris,

Good to know that you can play the drums..i am very much interested in forming a band and if you are interested then we can get together to jam..no need to be a pro cos my guitarist is also an amatuer.
Also we jam sometime at this Blackisle Studios in Aljunied.they ahve a good drumset and also the rent is $10 an hour.
So if you interested then email me at drdeadx@yahoo.com

later

newgirly1809

Postby newgirly1809 » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 9:24 am

The Yamaha Music School in Plaza Singapura hires out studios and drumsets, acoustic or electric, very professional set up, you might want to try there .......

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:29 am

thanks for that information... I have been there shortly and noticed that too... but I guess they are going to charge much... I will check it out.

Unfortunately, the studio that Kash recommended me is also not close to my flat... so it is no option for me (I work a lot, and don't have the time to go to a studio that is far from my flat at River Valley Road)

So, if any of you has other recommendations, please post it here or send me a PM

Thanks,

Christoph