Singapore Expats Forum

Married a Work Permit Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

Pared
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pared » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 1:02 pm

I am from the USA. I make over 7000 SD a month. I have an EP.

She i from Mayanmar. she has a Q pass and has been here two years. She makes about 2600 a month.

She has a child in her country. I have none. I had a vasectomy, but the gov does not know that. We are both 47.

Can we marry?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 2:02 pm

Pared wrote:I am from the USA. I make over 7000 SD a month. I have an EP.

She i from Mayanmar. she has a Q pass and has been here two years. She makes about 2600 a month.

She has a child in her country. I have none. I had a vasectomy, but the gov does not know that. We are both 47.

Can we marry?


Q-Pass isn't a WP, and the WP rule only applies to citizens and PRs anyway, so sure.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 2:20 pm

Pared wrote:I had a vasectomy, but the gov does not know that.

Don't give them ideas. Next thing we know, there'll be a check box on the form for that. :twisted:
Be careful what you wish for

Pared
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pared » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 5:01 pm

Haha that would be funny. I had to disclose my vasectomy over 20 years ago for US military service. They could not understand because I have no children. They had never heard of people who are child-free. They sent me to a shrink. It seems Singapore knows what child-free is.

Anyway I was issued an EP months ago. I will apply for PR in a few months. There are many "birds" here for any man who knows hoe to be a gentleman.

I have a good one now. She is all I ever wanted in a woman. We will marry in a year or so.

She owns a business back in her country. We plan to stay in Spore for at least another four years. We might live in California a few years so her son can goto collage in the USA then he can go back home. We will retire early in her country maybe. She owns a house and a business there.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 5:13 pm

Pared wrote:Haha that would be funny. I had to disclose my vasectomy over 20 years ago for US military service. They could not understand because I have no children. They had never heard of people who are child-free. They sent me to a shrink. It seems Singapore knows what child-free is.

Anyway I was issued an EP months ago. I will apply for PR in a few months. There are many "birds" here for any man who knows hoe to be a gentleman.

I have a good one now. She is all I ever wanted in a woman. We will marry in a year or so.

She owns a business back in her country. We plan to stay in Singapore for at least another four years. We might live in California a few years so her son can goto collage in the USA then he can go back home. We will retire early in her country maybe. She owns a house and a business there.


Hopefully your PR will be rejected as you only have abuse of the system on the cards. However, considered that this site is monitored regularly by the ICA & MOM I'm pretty sure they already have your number. Good luck.

Pared
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pared » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 5:26 pm

Abuse?!? How is that?

I am paying taxes and providing a valuable service to Singapore in exchange for not living in a country overrun with ferrel children (the USA).

The low birth rate and lack of Mexicans vandalizing everything in sight is why I came here. Also the blatant lack of proper law enforcement in the USA was making me crazy.

Just because I am not spreading my genes around does not mean I am abusing anything. If anything they should want more like me. Wanting more babies is industrial strength STUPID! It is people like me who shoulder the tax burden so breeders can put their little vanity items in school, and have streets to drive on.

I like the way I live. At least my Rolex does not throw tantrums or get sick in the middle of the night. People who have children have no room to talk. My vanity items do not consume the Earth resources.
Last edited by Pared on Sun, 13 Jan 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 5:43 pm

Pared wrote:She i from Mayanmar. she has a Q pass and has been here two years. She makes about 2600 a month.

She's under the new minimum salary for Q pass, so it will most likely not be renewed. When does it expire?

Pared wrote:Anyway I was issued an EP months ago. I will apply for PR in a few months.

There is no chance to have a PR approved if you were here less than three years.

Pared wrote:We plan to stay in Singapore for at least another four years. We might live in California a few years ...

PR stands for PERMANENT residency. Anybody applying for it with the intention to leave after just a few years is an abuser in the eyes of the government. They are good at spotting abusers, so your application will probably be rejected.

In my personal opinion, your attitude towards women sucks, and you are a racist to boot. I wish more people like you had the wisdom to not procreate.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 7:14 pm

Pared wrote:Abuse?!? How is that?

My vanity items do not consume the Earth resources.


You are wrong. Your attitude makes you total waste of the earth's oxygen resources. :roll:

Pared
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pared » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 8:07 pm

Another typical Internet forum where immature people pick fights. Sorry that you are angry that Spore has not been good to you or you perhaps are having difficulty getting laid (whatever it is that makes you feel you need to go on the attack).

Hopefully the moderators will take note of such rudeness. Calling someone a "waste of oxygen" clearly violates the terms of usage.

Back to the subject.....

Back in California getting cooperation from anyone (most notably government officials) after required that I raise my voice and slam my fist on the counter. I am 1.9m tall, and lift weights so nobody argues when I get angry. The police never bothered me either. Now I live in Spore were people are helpful and act like they care.

I think they will approve my PR like they have done for my colleagues who are much like me. The sister of my GF had PR in Singapore before moving West. Nobody gave her any hassle even though she only worked in Spore for three years, and no she did not make any screaming vanity items.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 8:42 pm

Wow! Big man with a blustery ego to match. Hope nobody 'pricks' your balloon for you. But with your attitude, it would probably be exactly what you deserve.

1.9 tall? I didn't realize that they could still pile it that high. :wink:

Sorry, but YOU came here asking questions. We gave you honest answers. You don't like the answers as they weren't what you were looking for so you went all blustery. Way I see it, you are getting the response now, based again, on your responses. As has been noted, PR stands for Permanent Residence, not Four year LTVP. If you are a worshiped at much as you think you are, by the people and the government, you should stay on EP then. Leave the PR for those who honestly understand what it means. But if you fear for your EP, then it would appear that you are clutching straws and that may well be why you are so blustery. Additionally, given your gf's employment status and the fact that unless she has a huge salary increase, she's not going to get her EP renewed. So, you might want to look at the possibility of her trying to grab what she sees as maybe a ticket to stay out of Myanmar as well. Single western men are highly susceptible to yellow fever. Again, you wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last. So if THAT turns out to be the case. Let's just say, you were warned. And, no, I'm not trying to scare you. I've been here over 30 years and I've seen and known more sad stories than success stories. The saying that East-West marriages only have a two years life-expectancy comes from fact, not somebody's pipe dream.

But no, there is nothing stopping you from getting married and you need not get permission either. But, ICA will see it as an attempt by the girl as the same used by the PRC Chinese & Vietnamese girls here. That attitude will not change until you have been married for at least three years and you have produced at least one offspring. Otherwise, if she loses her EP (which, based on your info, is highly likely) the best she can do will be to get either a DP or an LTVP (DP if you are on an EP/LTVP (6-12 months) if you are somehow given PR) If you marry while on an EP. Because of her ethnic origins, you will probably be rejected out of hand for PR. Good luck, cause you are going to need a huge helping of it.

Oh, and your snide comments roll off our backs like water off'n a duck's back. Been much brighter ones than yourself come here and they weren't stupid enough to try insult the wrong people without doing some board research first.

How the hell would you know what violates OUR terms of usage here. Where do you think you are? Southern California?

moderator (if you didn't notice that either)

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 9:11 pm

Pared wrote:Another typical Internet forum where immature people pick fights. Sorry that you are angry that Singapore has not been good to you or you perhaps are having difficulty getting laid (whatever it is that makes you feel you need to go on the attack).

Hopefully the moderators will take note of such rudeness. Calling someone a "waste of oxygen" clearly violates the terms of usage.

Back to the subject.....

Back in California getting cooperation from anyone (most notably government officials) after required that I raise my voice and slam my fist on the counter. I am 1.9m tall, and lift weights so nobody argues when I get angry. The police never bothered me either. Now I live in Singapore were people are helpful and act like they care.

I think they will approve my PR like they have done for my colleagues who are much like me. The sister of my GF had PR in Singapore before moving West. Nobody gave her any hassle even though she only worked in Singapore for three years, and no she did not make any screaming vanity items.


Oh I'm scared. A keyboard warrior in the flesh,
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 9:37 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:

Oh I'm scared. A keyboard warrior in the flesh,


More like Troglodyte.

Image

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 14 Jan 2013 8:39 am

Pared wrote:Another typical Internet forum where immature people pick fights.


Funny from a guy who tossed out "my Rolex" at the first opportunity.

There are many "birds" here for any man who knows hoe to be a gentleman.


And you're picking a 47yr old one? You're obviously doing something wrong, buddy. You and your Rolex should be able to find you a nice Burmese (or Indonesian, Vietnamese, Cambodian, PRC, etc) girl less than half your age with minimal effort. Don't even waste your breath on a local girl though; they'll look at your Rolex for a few seconds, sure. But they'll laugh you away when they realize your salary, assuming the Rolex is probably fake.


Anyway, if you've only had your EP a few months, you should until until you've filed taxes to IRAS at least three times before applying for PR. Also, your age may work against your application.

Pared
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pared » Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:43 am

Exactly for what reason do I want a woman half my age? I do not date to impress my friends. I would never waste my resources on a woman who is not at least 40.

I am only interested in women with their biological clocks stopped, or ignored. I only date child-free, or those who are past the age of interest in children. I never had a problem meeting said women in California.

My girlfriend went to School in Israel. She has her own money. She does not need me. She came to Singapore because her family was making her nuts.

She is smart, has her own money, she is a Buddhist like me, and she shows me love. She does not drink. I have simple needs.

All I wanted to know is if I decide to marry her (not anytime soon) is that going to be permitted. I do not even know if she will accept. She is not all that excited about the idea of living long-term in the USA. I want to work here for a while, then in the USA for a while. I do not want to retire in the USA.

The only reason I mentioned my Rolex is I was equating it to a child. As far as I am concerned a baby, a Rolex, or a car are pretty much just vanity items. I feel a Rolex is a far better investment than the other two.

Please cut me a break.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:54 am

Pared wrote:Exactly for what reason do I want a woman half my age? I do not date to impress my friends. I would never waste my resources on a woman who is not at least 40.

I am only interested in women with their biological clocks stopped, or ignored. I only date child-free, or those who are past the age of interest in children. I never had a problem meeting said women in California.

My girlfriend went to School in Israel. She has her own money. She does not need me. She came to Singapore because her family was making her nuts.

She is smart, has her own money, she is a Buddhist like me, and she shows me love. She does not drink. I have simple needs.

All I wanted to know is if I decide to marry her (not anytime soon) is that going to be permitted. I do not even know if she will accept. She is not all that excited about the idea of living long-term in the USA. I want to work here for a while, then in the USA for a while. I do not want to retire in the USA.

The only reason I mentioned my Rolex is I was equating it to a child. As far as I am concerned a baby, a Rolex, or a car are pretty much just vanity items. I feel a Rolex is a far better investment than the other two.

Please cut me a break.


To reiterate the questions/answers:

1. If both of you are P1/P2/Q/SPass holders when married, you don't need to ask for any permission to marry.

2. Only WP holders intending to marry citizens/PRs are required to apply for permission from MOM before ROM.

3. Was she ever on WP before, prior to her Q pass status? Ex-WP holders are also required to ask for permission.

4. PR application (for you) and her status regarding your PR move is a different topic and should be discussed in other existing threads. A little bit confusing and cluttered here.

HTH


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests