Singapore Expats Forum

Married a Work Permit Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

MH9988
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 21 Jan 2011

Postby MH9988 » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It doesn't mean you cannot marry her. But is does mean that even if you do, she will not be giving a resident visa under your sponsorship as your income will not meet the minimum requirements. A part time job will not do the trick as you cannot keep that up indefinitely and maintain a family as well. It will need to be a single employer and it would have to be your "basic" salary before any overtime or allowances.


Hi Sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for yr reply.

Just to cfm that I can marry her in Spore and she will be able to stay in Spore. >> This should be good enuff..But what pass will she be holding? LTVP? Is she able to work if she's not given a PR ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:16 am

MH9988 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It doesn't mean you cannot marry her. But it does mean that even if you do, she will not be giving a resident visa under your sponsorship as your income will not meet the minimum requirements. A part time job will not do the trick as you cannot keep that up indefinitely and maintain a family as well. It will need to be a single employer and it would have to be your "basic" salary before any overtime or allowances.


Hi Sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for yr reply.

Just to cfm that I can marry her in Singapore and she will be able to stay in Singapore. >> This should be good enuff..But what pass will she be holding? LTVP? Is she able to work if she's not given a PR ?


She will not be given any type of visa at all, not LTVP or DP. She will be allowed on a SVP only and when that is up she will have to return to her country until such time as you can "afford" her.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 3:34 am

MH9988 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It doesn't mean you cannot marry her. But is does mean that even if you do, she will not be giving a resident visa under your sponsorship as your income will not meet the minimum requirements. A part time job will not do the trick as you cannot keep that up indefinitely and maintain a family as well. It will need to be a single employer and it would have to be your "basic" salary before any overtime or allowances.


Hi Sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for yr reply.

Just to cfm that I can marry her in Singapore and she will be able to stay in Singapore. >> This should be good enuff..But what pass will she be holding? LTVP? Is she able to work if she's not given a PR ?


MH; what SMS means is you can get married no problem. Even ROM iN SG after get approval from MOM but......... to get LTSVP for her is another story. She will get SVP but SVP only last 30 days or at most 90 days. Between that short period you have to apply for her LTSVP. At this stage no one really knows if she will get that pass.
If her application is rejected for one reason or another, she has to go back home , "Balik kampong" , " tenk chu" , . She will not be allowed to extend more than 90 days on social visit pass (SVP). Fullstop
She cannot work under LTSVP nor can she applied for WP. I may be wrong here but I do not know anyone that marry a Sger /SPR once gotten LTSVP manage to get WP. That is the reason the $2.5K guideline is set on would be couple. You must be able to sustain her.
She can only return to workforce under PR application that will be another set of problems which may donkey y/ears to approve.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

MH9988
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 21 Jan 2011

Postby MH9988 » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:24 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
MH9988 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It doesn't mean you cannot marry her. But is does mean that even if you do, she will not be giving a resident visa under your sponsorship as your income will not meet the minimum requirements. A part time job will not do the trick as you cannot keep that up indefinitely and maintain a family as well. It will need to be a single employer and it would have to be your "basic" salary before any overtime or allowances.


Hi Sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for yr reply.

Just to cfm that I can marry her in Singapore and she will be able to stay in Singapore. >> This should be good enuff..But what pass will she be holding? LTVP? Is she able to work if she's not given a PR ?



MH; what SMS means is you can get married no problem. Even ROM iN SG after get approval from MOM but......... to get LTSVP for her is another story. She will get SVP but SVP only last 30 days or at most 90 days. Between that short period you have to apply for her LTSVP. At this stage no one really knows if she will get that pass.
If her application is rejected for one reason or another, she has to go back home , "Balik kampong" , " tenk chu" , . She will not be allowed to extend more than 90 days on social visit pass (SVP). Fullstop
She cannot work under LTSVP nor can she applied for WP. I may be wrong here but I do not know anyone that marry a Sger /SPR once gotten LTSVP manage to get WP. That is the reason the $2.5K guideline is set on would be couple. You must be able to sustain her.
She can only return to workforce under PR application that will be another set of problems which may donkey y/ears to approve.



Hi,

So after getting married. Without getting PR here. How can she stay here for good? Does it mean that she can't stay here even if married when even LTVP is not extended.

Pls advise..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:37 am

How many times must we tell you?

Unless you earn AT LEAST 2,500/mo basic salary she is NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO STAY HERE PERMANENTLY (Married or Not). The only way you will be able to stay together permanently is for you to immigrate to HER country. Getting married and getting her pregnant will make it even worse. You need to find a new job paying AT LEAST $2,500/month. Otherwise, forget it.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 4:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How many times must we tell you?

Unless you earn AT LEAST 2,500/mo basic salary she is NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO STAY HERE PERMANENTLY (Married or Not). The only way you will be able to stay together permanently is for you to immigrate to HER country. Getting married and getting her pregnant will make it even worse. You need to find a new job paying AT LEAST $2,500/month. Otherwise, forget it.


Maybe he does not understand English let's go Mandarin

多少次我们一定要告诉你吗?

除非你的收入至少2500 /月的基本工资,她是不会为了能留在这儿永久(已婚与否)。 只有这样,你就可以永远在一起是你移民到她的国家。 结婚,让她怀孕会使事情变得更糟。 你需要找到新的工作支付至少$ 2,500 /月。 否则,算了吧。
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 5:09 pm

Good point! :-k :D

Needhelp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby Needhelp » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:03 pm

Good new!!! Finally my uncle application to get marry with his Malaysian girl friend is approved. I not sure what the reason behind, but I think he has proven to the authority few things:
- His gross income is around $2.5K and he is contributing to CPF and income tax.
- He is able to take care of himself and his future wife without giving bundle to the society.
- His future wife ex-work permit is more than 10 years ago.
- He and his wife show sincerity on the marry.... they have applied many time, but not approved and gave up for around 10 years..... They reapplied after I encouraged them.... It show to the authority that their application and love is sincere.... I helped him to wrote the application letter.... Heehee...
- His girl friend is holding long term visitor pass.

I share the above is hope that those who find their real love don't give up the relationship just because of this barrier.... Frankly speaking.... if you really love him/her.... work hard to qualify for the approval..... If no choice... what so big duel to move to his/her country to live with him/her if you're confident with the relationship.... Love is something that you can't buy with money.. Just my personal opinion. Good luck..

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:14 pm

Needhelp wrote:Good new!!! Finally my uncle application to get marry with his Malaysian girl friend is approved. I not sure what the reason behind, but I think he has proven to the authority few things:
- His gross income is around $2.5K and he is contributing to CPF and income tax.
- He is able to take care of himself and his future wife without giving bundle to the society.
- His future wife ex-work permit is more than 10 years ago.
- He and his wife show sincerity on the marry.... they have applied many time, but not approved and gave up for around 10 years..... They reapplied after I encouraged them.... It show to the authority that their application and love is sincere.... I helped him to wrote the application letter.... Heehee...
- His girl friend is holding long term visitor pass.

I share the above is hope that those who find their real love don't give up the relationship just because of this barrier.... Frankly speaking.... if you really love him/her.... work hard to qualify for the approval..... If no choice... what so big duel to move to his/her country to live with him/her if you're confident with the relationship.... Love is something that you can't buy with money.. Just my personal opinion. Good luck..


That's the way to do it, well done! and don't forget she can look for a job on LTVSP and still get the work permission from MOM for more info you can PM me.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:50 pm

ksl wrote:That's the way to do it, well done! and don't forget she can look for a job on LTVSP and still get the work permission from MOM for more info you can PM me.


Care to explain on the board? Something tells me you didn't read the poster's messages all that well. I'll be interested to see how you get "permission to work on an LTVP" when the daughter isn't a child and is, in fact, married to a Singaporean.

:???:

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:That's the way to do it, well done! and don't forget she can look for a job on LTVSP and still get the work permission from MOM for more info you can PM me.


Care to explain on the board? Something tells me you didn't read the poster's messages all that well. I'll be interested to see how you get "permission to work on an LTVP" when the daughter isn't a child and is, in fact, married to a Singaporean.

:???:
What are you babbling about? What daughter are you talking about :???: It is the persons uncle and his girlfriend of 10 years!
Finally my uncle application to get marry with his Malaysian girl friend is approved
SMS:when the daughter isn't a child and is, in fact, married to a Singaporean
:???: You been drinking! Or is it intuition that you are right!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:34 pm

Needhelp wrote:I have a uncle who has a malaysian GF for almost 20 years. His GF is a ex-work permit holder, but she is not working for almost 10 years or more. His GF is now staying in Singapore with a long term visiting pass applied through her daughter that married Singaporean. Her daugther is now a Singapore citizen.
My uncle has applied approval for marry with her GF quite number of time since 1999 to 2000. All failed...... even seeked the MP help....
What is the chance for him to get approval if he apply again?
They are both divorced with ex-spouse.
My uncle gross income before CPF reduction is between 2 to 3K.
Is there a standard form for the approval application or they need to type their own letter?
Which floor and counter to submit the application at MOM?

Thanks in advance. I really want to see them fulfill their wish. They are no more young, but they really love and care for each other. They will not give the off-spring problem to the society at their age......

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Needhelp wrote:I have a uncle who has a malaysian GF for almost 20 years. His GF is a ex-work permit holder, but she is not working for almost 10 years or more. His GF is now staying in Singapore with a long term visiting pass applied through her daughter that married Singaporean. Her daugther is now a Singapore citizen.
My uncle has applied approval for marry with her GF quite number of time since 1999 to 2000. All failed...... even seeked the MP help....
What is the chance for him to get approval if he apply again?
They are both divorced with ex-spouse.
My uncle gross income before CPF reduction is between 2 to 3K.
Is there a standard form for the approval application or they need to type their own letter?
Which floor and counter to submit the application at MOM?

Thanks in advance. I really want to see them fulfill their wish. They are no more young, but they really love and care for each other. They will not give the off-spring problem to the society at their age......


I don't see how it is applicable, the daughter is a Singapore citizen, and the girlfriend was on LTVSP, so if the uncle marries the woman on LTVSP, it is irrelavant, as long has they have the permission to marry..they will be treated on their own case.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:41 pm

ksl wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Needhelp wrote:I have a uncle who has a malaysian GF for almost 20 years. His GF is a ex-work permit holder, but she is not working for almost 10 years or more. His GF is now staying in Singapore with a long term visiting pass applied through her daughter that married Singaporean. Her daugther is now a Singapore citizen.
My uncle has applied approval for marry with her GF quite number of time since 1999 to 2000. All failed...... even seeked the MP help....
What is the chance for him to get approval if he apply again?
They are both divorced with ex-spouse.
My uncle gross income before CPF reduction is between 2 to 3K.
Is there a standard form for the approval application or they need to type their own letter?
Which floor and counter to submit the application at MOM?

Thanks in advance. I really want to see them fulfill their wish. They are no more young, but they really love and care for each other. They will not give the off-spring problem to the society at their age......


I don't see how it is applicable, the daughter is a Singapore citizen, and the girlfriend was on LTVSP, so if the uncle marries the woman on LTVSP, it is irrelevant, as long has they have the permission to marry..they will be treated on their own case.

Not that she was living her on LTVSP before marriage, I've met quite a few Singaporeans that have married Taiwanese women, they have not met any problems at all, and the women do not have education degrees either.

I think surely a 10 year affair as been recognised between these 2 people, if they applied in 1999/2000 to get married and was rejected. To be honest I don't see any problem at all.

The working on LTVSP is still done case by case, so if the woman was on LTVSP before marriage, she would be refused employment possibility, after marriage it's a different kettle of fish, all the MOM controller needs, is to contact ICA for those married to Citizens or PR's, as ICA will allow them to work on LTVSP until their PR is processed, as they are dependants once married and are entitled to work with MOM permission. ICA recognise the fact that PR will not be given so easy to spouses, though will not block them from employment providing the works controller authorises permission.
Last edited by ksl on Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:48 pm

:roll: If you think so.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest