Singapore Expats

Married a Work Permit Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Confusedgal

Re: Married a Work Permit Holder

Post by Confusedgal » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:22 am

No ihavent been banned since i entered sg again last april an just recently last oct. Im now bk here in my country.
Havent done anything wrong to compromise my stay in sg as tourist. I only stayed with my fiancee helping him in interior designing his house renovation.

toiletduck98

Post by toiletduck98 » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 4:10 am

I'm a SC and have been with my Malaysian gf on WP for 3 yrs. She quit her job recently and we applied to MOM for permission to get married. The reply we got from MOM says that she does not need to seek approval to marry a SC/SPR. We planned to get married after cny 2016 but she is going to start work with a new employer on October. Do we need to reapply for permission to marry again after she gets her new work permit? And i really want to apply PR for her after our marriage. What are her chances of getting it?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:35 am

Most (if not all) Malaysian WP holders are exempted from that rule. This exemption is communicated each time a Malaysian receives the new WP card with such letter included with the WP card. As long as she receives that exemption letter when she collects her new WP in October, you don't have to ask for approval.

Whether she gets PR or not, that's a separate matter. You can try applying for her after both of you are married.

toiletduck98

Post by toiletduck98 » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:48 am

That means if she does not get that exemption letter when she collect her new WP we will have to apply for permission all over again?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:44 pm

In a way, yes.

tseokhong

Post by tseokhong » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 7:51 pm

Will they band Malaysian male as well?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Married a Work Permit Holder

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 9:00 pm

tseokhong wrote:Will they band Malaysian male as well?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
From what I know the rule is strictly applied for females.

Can't recall a male having issues. .

tsd

Post by tsd » Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:50 pm

Hi

Help is needed here.
Read most of the messages and realised that it's usually the male singaporean and female WP holder.
What if it's the other way round? female singaporean and male prc WP Holder?
Would anyone know the % of chances of approval?
The male WP holder here has been working 8 years in singapore already..
Plus I have heard prc are only allow to work in singapore for 10yrs. Is this true? Anyways of extending? If yes what r the requirements?

Elisewyl

Re: result

Post by Elisewyl » Sun, 20 Dec 2015 11:02 am

DarwinLim wrote:Hi Zzm,

Im currently earning $2,400 currently, for my full time job, and also another 2-3k from 2 other part time jobs. total is about 4-5k/month.
Hopefully will be enough, strangely though the MP did not ask for any income slip/cpf statement as supporting docs. (only thing he asked for is my IC, and my partner's)
So how is it? The result is it approve by MOM?

Isdeza

Post by Isdeza » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 10:57 am

Hi Me and my wife married for 2 years and all these 2 years she come here and I extend the pass to 89 days as she still need to go back to Philippines to settle some documents needed for LTVP application. We forgot to get MOM approval to get married so MOM reject our application and in the letter stated that we can try again after 1 year(july 19), I've tried appeal but no respond yet, I went down to ICA and she has been given another 2 weeks extension till Aug 16 .She is currently 5 month pregnant and I need help in the following areas
1) can I apply for her to give birth in Singapore-Provided MOM approve my appeal to ban her so that she can do the medical follow up in singapore
2) possible to exit to Malaysia and give birth there-what are the process like
3) any other suggestion that could help our situation

Isdeza

Post by Isdeza » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 11:07 am

her work permit expired 2 1/2 years ago already and we married after her WP ended

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 1:38 pm

Her work permit could have expired 20 years ago and the same thing would have happened. The only way you could of gotten around it is a) had her employer upgraded her from WP to S or EP at some stage, but as that didn't happen, no dice. b) They might allow her a 1 year LTVP in order for her to give birth in Singapore and then boot her out of the country after the birth but giving the baby citizenship as the father is a Singaporean. This one I know about first had as I've been taking care of my nephew's baby girl since she was one year old (When the mother was booted out of Singapore she took the baby back to her country but after a year, because the baby didn't have the mother's nationality (only Singaporean) the father had to go to her country and bring the baby back to Singapore. We ended up with the baby who is now 10 years old. The mother is still not allowed to return to Singapore and the father is a worthless piece of crap. c) you will have to think about emigration to her country if you two want to stay together. ICA isn't very nice if you don't listen to MOM's laws regarding WP holders. Good Luck. You are going to need it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Isdeza

Post by Isdeza » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 2:02 pm

hi sundaymorningstaple-thanks for the info .in the rejection letter MOM indicate after 1 year from now we can appeal again but not sure the success rate. ICA has been helping in terms of giving us extension on the current sta for 2 weeks for us to make appeal to MOM. Alternatively getting the hospital to help see if they can help to apply to give birth in Singapore and also trying to see if staying in Johor help bur need information from members here on how to proceed so we will not be apart

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 4:53 pm

I wish you luck and keep us posted. There's likely more like you and my nephew who would like to know the outcome.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Binbin12345

Re: Married a performance artists

Post by Binbin12345 » Sat, 29 Sep 2018 6:20 am

Hi, anyone had any experience on applying on marry a Ex performance artists before ?

Would like to seek some advice on whether the chance of approval.
What are the document would be needed.