Confused on Condo's - Laguna Green?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
kiwiuk

Confused on Condo's - Laguna Green?

Post by kiwiuk » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 3:37 am

hi, we're moving to Singapore in 9 days and even though i have an agent taking me around i have been furiously searching on the web at different condos to work out MRT locations, shopping etc.

we want to live on the east coast as we have an 18mth son and my husband will be travelling so close to airport etc. i have seen Laguna Green on this page and wondered if anyone out there lived in it, or knew anyone who did. i want big living rooms & four bedrooms which apparently is quite demanding but i'm sick of living in little flats and apartments in london! i thought this condo was not too far from singlap and east coast beach.

so, if anyone has any advice on this...much appreciated!

Singapore Property Search

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our professional services

Post by joop » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:17 pm

Why don't you use our services as we know what would best suit you and your family? You can contact our Leasing Department at +(65) 61000 300 or email: enquiry@singaporeexpats.com
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33 pm

The wife and I rent for a year at Laguna Green. We had a 2 bed ground floor apt which was very spacious. One of the reasons we choice Laguna green was that it's a very small modern complex compared with others around the eastcoast.

The facilities are great, a nice size pool, bbq pits, a tennis court, gym, under ground parking and good gate security.

It's ideally situated for the eastcoast beach which is 5 minutes away and Siglap which is just down the road. Parkway Parade is also only 5 mins by bus for all your shopping needs.

The only slight downside is that it's a 10 min bus ride to nearest MRT, Tanah Merah. It does however have a great bus service from right outside.

hope this helps

kiwiuk

Post by kiwiuk » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 4:35 am

that's really helpful thanks...although on the site it says only 1.5 km from MRT! i want low rise, low density for sure so will keep this one in mind!

sydgirl

sydgirl

Post by sydgirl » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:34 pm

Hi Kiwiuk,

I have just arrived in Singapore from Sydney 3 weeks ago. Here is some advice from my experience of looking at close to 30 units!

1. Try walking the distance from your possible place of residence to the MRT. The distance for our place was 1.16km for one MRT and the supposedly closer MRT was 0.89km. Firstly I couldn't work out where there was pedestrian access across a canal and freeway for the closer MRT so I walked from the 1.16km one and that took me 25minutes. You might need to factor in small taxi fares if you have shopping etc. Or get home deliveries. (assuming you won't have your own car)

2. My husband works in Changi Business Park but we live in the Holland area. He takes a taxi everday and found that because our place isn't too far from a freeway entrance it makes getting to work easier and cuts travelling time. (it takes him 20mins - this isn't much for aussies) Whereas if we were a bit closer to the east, say living in the city area it would take longer because of traffic lights etc.

3. Older buildings have larger proportioned rooms but some have trouble with damp, particularly lower floors that face north. New buildings can be too small but at least they don't generally have this problem.

4. Finding 4 bedrooms can be tricky. You will have more luck with size in the ones built before 2000. We looked at Cote'dzur on the East Coast 4 bed penthouse with roof top terrace which on paper seemed huge. Trouble was the bedrooms were tiny!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 5:28 pm

We worked in CBD and took the bus every day which took on average 30 mins each way. We also had the option of taking the "Bus Plus" which is even quicker but costs a bit more.

Bedok MRT is only 1.5km away so probably 10 mins door to door.