Singapore Expats Forum

Time of you life and a song

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Music Lover

Time of you life and a song

Postby Music Lover » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:10 am

Ok people, has anyone experienced hearing a song then reminisce what you were doing, what you were going through, where you were, who you were with, etc... during that time of your life when that song was playing.

I just heard "Its my life" by Bon Jovi again and it always reminds me of my days of backpacking through Thailand without much money, resolving issues within myself and the adventures that came along with it.

So please provide a song and tell us why that song reminds you of a time in your life.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 2:04 am

Like a Virgin by Madonna. My mother was staying with my hubby & I following surgery and this video clip came on one morning while she was resting on the sofa. I was in the kitchen at the time, so i could only hear the music. Mom's reply following the clip was along the lines of "That's enough to bring up your breakfast!" We all had a giggle following that comment! :lol:
Hubby & I are always remembering what we were doing or where we were living at the time a certain song was popular. Memories....