Singapore Expats Forum

How safe and trustful is homebased job?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ceres
Regular
Regular

How safe and trustful is homebased job?

Postby ceres » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:43 am

I'm looking for part-time job currently either some weekdays evening or saturday and homebase job seems attractive but is it safe? trustworthy?
:shock:

efgroup

it depends !

Postby efgroup » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 3:28 pm

What is your concept of 'Safe' and 'Trustworthy' ?
actually - if you had to ask yourself this question in the first place - then there's probably some issue with 'that job' .

There's a difference between J-O-B and work. Usually you have a job from an employer, who pays you a salary . IF you are looking for a J-O-B then you should review the employer's stuff a LOT to answer that question about 'safe' and 'trustworthy' .

OTOH - there's a lot of MLM opportunities out there - and MOST are a waste of time. SOME are quite good, but you have to put IN the WORK to actually realize any money. I always suggest one do their own due diligence when looking into this type of work - if you have to pay money upfront then there is some bigger problem with the company.

The 'work-from-home' concept is finally catching on here in Singapore. I'm sure my company did not invent it - but at the same time - I was pleased to see a few insurance companies offering 'work-from-home' positions recently, both in outbound telemarketing roles and in inbound customer service roles.

We are also seeking work-from-home workers, but not in the timeframe you asked about [weekends and weekday evenings], as we market directly to businesses here in Singapore. Of course - please feel free to pass along our job posting. [at http://efgroup.net/sg/gigs/ ]

warmest regards [Bill]