Singapore Expats

Looking for a Managing Job in Finance / Controlling

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
marcus986

Looking for a Managing Job in Finance / Controlling

Post by marcus986 » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 3:50 am

I am currently working as a finance manager for a medical equipment manufacturer in Germany. I allready got a BA in Business Admin, a Degree in Finance / Accounting and a Diploma in Controlling. Next year I will finish my MBA ( University of Wales ) with grade A and a thesis about
year end closing or strategic budgeting. After more than 15 years of experience in all sectors of finance and accounting including supervision of up to 12 people I want to find a job in Singapore and relocate there.

Is there anybody who can help me ?

Any responses would be much appreciated.

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:10 am

your best bet is to contact firms in Germany and asked to be transferred to Singapore.

Also try these executive search firms:
http://www.contactsingapore.com.sg/oppo ... arch.shtml

Finance Guest

Post by Finance Guest » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 1:17 pm

Asking for transfer in any MNC in Germany is one way of relocating to Singapore. The good thing is the expat package.

If you're really keen in moving to Singapore, you should also consider going on local terms. Most foreigners in Singapore are on local terms and only a small % of foreigners these days are on expat terms. That'll mean getting paid in Singapore dollars. Good things though is we have very low tax rates and you can live here relatively cheap too. Of course the best thing about Singapore is the weather and it's so easy to get around (in or out of singapore!)

To start with, send your CV to recruitment agencies. There are a few agencies here specializing in finance jobs such as Michael Page, Kelly resources and hudson. To increase your chances, spend a couple of months in Singapore to allow you to meet with the agencies and doing interviews. For foreigners, companies will require to process work permit for you to work in Singapore so it'll take you more time than the locals or PR here looking for a job.

So if you're really serious, go for it and here's wishing you all the luck!

Maran

Post by Maran » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 5:43 am

Hi Marcus,

I am also in the situation. I am in Australia now. I worked in Singapore before. Planning to reloacte myself to Singapore to be with my wife who is a Singaporean. I am an Accountant by profession, CPA,CIMA,BCOM & MSc.

We may contact each other to share our ideas.

:)
Maran