Singapore Expats Forum

WNDC July 27th, Beach Bar

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

WNDC July 27th, Beach Bar

Postby Deadpoet » Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:13 pm

Hi Everyone, It's that time of the week again.

This weeks edition of WNDC (Wed Night Drinking Club) will be back to an old favorite - Beach Bar at Robertson Quay. It's right behind the Robertson Quay Hotel.

Look for us in the lawn chair along the River.

See you all Wed, as always, 8pm.
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 9:21 pm

Not this week again, sorry... By the way Deadpoet it looks like they have new management at Dempsey Hut... Not so nice now...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 3:31 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Not this week again, sorry... By the way Deadpoet it looks like they have new management at Dempsey Hut... Not so nice now...

hope to see you again soon. Well, Dempsey, not so nice, what a pity, was just thinking of sending the gang over there one of these weeks!
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

hideout

Postby hideout » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 4:37 pm

Anyone been there?
Is it as interesting as it looks on the web :?:
http://www.hideout.com.sg/

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:54 am

Let's hope the weather will be on our side tonight!!!
See you all at the Beach Bar ! :)

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 2:23 pm

sonia888 wrote:Let's hope the weather will be on our side tonight!!!
See you all at the Beach Bar ! :)

weather looks good so far, would be a nice evening by the river if the weather holds. anyway, rain or shine I will be there at 8pm.
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

Postby Guest » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 2:34 pm

I went to one or two WDNC's before but it was really hard to break into a conversation with other people as it seems everybody knew each other and I went by myself. Whats the best way to break into the group?

singaporean outlaw

Postby singaporean outlaw » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 3:31 pm

Offer them drinks, strong cigarettes, nasty jokes etc

Dude, I know this feeling.. all depends on the mixture of the group. When you are only 5ppl, instead of 40, it will be much easier! Don't give up..

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 3:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:I went to one or two WDNC's before but it was really hard to break into a conversation with other people as it seems everybody knew each other and I went by myself. Whats the best way to break into the group?

just come, 2 years ago, I went to my first WNDC, by myself, less then 1 week after I arrived in singapore... it's not hard at all. Hope to see you tonight
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

talk to them

Postby talk to them » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 4:40 pm

Anonymous wrote: Whats the best way to break into the group?

Simply introduce yourself and talk to them... Should be easy... Don't necessarily wait to be approached, take the first step...

Missy

Postby Missy » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 5:03 pm

I had this problem too when I attended 1~2 gatherings previously (not from WDNC). Conversation kinda run out easily. Or is it because I am local?

Maybe I didnt manage to come out with a good topic? :oops:
Since then I have stopped going. Didn't have the confident anymore..Maybe I am just not cut out for gathering like these.. :(

Anonymous wrote:I went to one or two WDNC's before but it was really hard to break into a conversation with other people as it seems everybody knew each other and I went by myself. Whats the best way to break into the group?

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 5:46 pm

Missy wrote:Since then I have stopped going. Didn't have the confident anymore..Maybe I am just not cut out for gathering like these.. :(

Don't be so shy! Just try to be yourself... You should challenge yourselve by trying to get into new groups as often as possible! If you have problems with getting to know new people, you should overcome them through constant "training" :wink:

Postby Guest » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 9:52 am

Its not easy being thick skin. *laughs*
Thanks for the encouragement Chris. Will go for it! :wink:

Chris_Austria wrote:Don't be so shy! Just try to be yourself... You should challenge yourselve by trying to get into new groups as often as possible! If you have problems with getting to know new people, you should overcome them through constant "training" :wink: