Singapore Expats Forum

IPRS ??

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

IPRS ??

Postby Guest » Sun, 24 Jul 2005 9:45 pm

Hello people,

Has anyone here gone for a diploma in PR from IPRS (Institute of Public Relations of Singapore) or heard of the Instutitute. How are the lecturers and the course contents?

Would really appreciate if you can give your feedback on the same.

Thanks

Advice

Postby Advice » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 6:32 pm

pls advice is it worth joining?

Former PR Girl

Try other alternatives if possible

Postby Former PR Girl » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 7:21 pm

Hi there,

I used to be from the PR field, and the people in the industry never really looked upon the IPRS or its certification with much respect. It really depends on what you intend to do - if you just want to get some basic PR understanding to further enhance your skills and portfolio, that's fine. But the IPRS cert is not going to take you far if you have bigger goals.

I can't say for sure how good their courses or lecturers are, coz I have never attended their courses. But I knew the internal people running the whole show, and to be honest, I would recommend you try other places if you really want to go into the PR field.

Suggest you try the NTU Communication Studies School for their PR courses - otherwise you can try Ngee Ann. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks!

Postby Guest » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:45 am

:D :) Former PR Girl, thanks so much for your feedback. This will definately help me in taking the right decision.

I am interested in a career in PR and since IPRS is an institute for PR certification, i went to talk to the concerned person but was still in doubt.

Now i'll look at other institutes and will find out about the NTU Communication Studies School and Ngee Ann, as suggested by you.

Thanks so much!

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:35 am

if you're looking for a degree in mass comm or media, you might wanna check out the local private schools as well that offer part-time and full-time programmes in conjunction with the foreign universities.

i know the bachelor of arts in communication and media management at asia pacific management institute www.apmi.com.sg is fully taught by aussie faculty... u might wanna check them out.

IPRS's cert and diploma are good foundations especially for those with 0 experience/exposure.

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”