Singapore Expats Forum

Where to stay in Bangkok

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Presh

Where to stay in Bangkok

Postby Presh » Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:59 am

I am planning to travel to Bangkok on this national holiday (if I got lucky with the ticket). I'd appreaciate any recommendation of area or hotel to stay in Bangkok. Thanks.

Cheers,

baiyoke

Postby baiyoke » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 1:32 am

Stay at Baiyoke... can see ghosts :D heehee so I heard...

Seriously I would recommend Arnoma, just opposit to World Trade center where there are Zen & Isetan, and cheap nice restaurant at Leel 6 (if I did not remember wrongly. Erawan Shrine is just at the corner of the street and the train station is like 5 min walk from the hotel. U can catch a train direct to chatuchak, so convenient! Can either catch a train or take a stroll to MBK too. Pratunam wholesale market is also easily accessible by foot from the hotel.

Postby Guest » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:54 pm

I agree with previous post Arnoma is great always stay there. except last week becase they were booked so they recommednded Asia Bankok hotel not bad except do not use Hotel taxi a big rip off but it is connected to BTS train station. Have fun.

kansah
Regular
Regular

Postby kansah » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:46 am

Hi Presh. Are you the one whom I met two weeks ago, Saturday? Anyways, if you are on a budget, you might want to stay in the hostels there. Here is the site: http://www.hostels.com/en/th.ba.html.

Hope this helps!!!
Think of the solution; not the problem.

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 7:50 am

I would definitely recommend you to stay at The Peninsula. This is one of the best 5-star city hotels in the world.
Impossible is nothing!