Singapore Expats Forum

MALE PRIDE OR IGNORANCE?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 5:17 pm

if i may copy and paste:

well, you had argument, and.. you still slept with him. dont blame the man! Rolling Eyes
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Rather you than me.

Postby Rather you than me. » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 5:47 pm

Rather you than me original postee. If you slept with him KNOWING he'd had an Aids test for one....(must be v. sexually active then) then secondly KNOWING he'd done it in the last month....arrgh!!! Are you crazy? Crazy woman.

Or perhaps you have a death wish.

It is all very well to go with the heat of the moment, but that moment is quickly gone and look what you could be left with. Don't forget that not only did HE sleep with many, those he slept with also slept with many. So by sleeping unprotected with one guy you are actually sleeping with perhaps a hundred other people. Yuck.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: MALE PRIDE OR IGNORANCE?

Postby cinder » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:25 pm

:evil: :evil: Cant stand myself not to comment on this post..

Cant-believe wrote:No blame- as far as me going ahead and sleeping with him- thats entirely my responsibility- i was just shocked that men are rampantly having sex and insisting on NOT wearing condoms!

Oh aye, as my post earlier, I was just shocked that you had argument, then you still slept with him..

Cant-believe wrote:I want a relationship and my weakness is thinking if i dont sleep with him now he will dump me or if i insist on a condom now or later he will still dump me..

With that kind of attitude of yours, no wonder he insisted on not wearing condom!

Cant-believe wrote:i guess its about my principles

And what are your principles? That you think man will not dump you if you slept with him?? :shock:

Cant-believe wrote:I wish men wouldnt do this- and i guess i wish i was stronger

I wish I didnt bother bout your post at all!! "MALE PRIDE OR MALE IGNORANCE OR YOUR STUPIDITY?" :twisted:

:roll: :roll: Cant believe it myself, but Cant-believe's mind really p*ssed me off! Heh!

Postby Guest » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 7:40 am

don't worry, you and that guy won't get AIDS. Only gays will get AIDS. AIDS is a disease from God to punish the gays. You guys are safe so don't worry!! :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 7:50 am

Anonymous wrote:don't worry, you and that guy won't get AIDS. Only gays will get AIDS. AIDS is a disease from God to punish the gays. You guys are safe so don't worry!! :)

And, what rock did you crawl out from under???? I hope you weren't serious, otherwise God forbid, you might land in big trouble yourself! :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:40 am

Anonymous wrote:don't worry, you and that guy won't get AIDS. Only gays will get AIDS. AIDS is a disease from God to punish the gays. You guys are safe so don't worry!! :)

Even if this was a joke, it is definitely a very bad joke.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elizabeth » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:57 am

I dun understand this.. The problem wont be solved with sex.. Got to slove the root of it not on the surface only. So why do you have sex with him when you know he sleep ard and the last time he had sex with another woman was abt one month ago.. Now make yourself worry, Right?

Postby Guest » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 5:57 pm

cinder wrote::evil: :evil: Cant stand myself not to comment on this post..

Cant-believe wrote:No blame- as far as me going ahead and sleeping with him- thats entirely my responsibility- i was just shocked that men are rampantly having sex and insisting on NOT wearing condoms!

Oh aye, as my post earlier, I was just shocked that you had argument, then you still slept with him..

Cant-believe wrote:I want a relationship and my weakness is thinking if i dont sleep with him now he will dump me or if i insist on a condom now or later he will still dump me..

With that kind of attitude of yours, no wonder he insisted on not wearing condom!

Cant-believe wrote:i guess its about my principles

And what are your principles? That you think man will not dump you if you slept with him?? :shock:

Cant-believe wrote:I wish men wouldnt do this- and i guess i wish i was stronger

I wish I didnt bother bout your post at all!! "MALE PRIDE OR MALE IGNORANCE OR YOUR STUPIDITY?" :twisted:

:roll: :roll: Cant believe it myself, but Cant-believe's mind really p*ssed me off! Heh!

Cinder it seems you are a very moral person but i know who you are and u are judging this poster but your reputation in the 'market' is not very good also, so maybee u better clean up yr own garden first?

Postby Guest » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 4:42 am

Cant-believe wrote:I ve been dating this ang moh guy for a two weeks and last week we decided to 'do it'. I asked if he had a condom and he said no way in hell would he wear one, that he had an Aids test 6 months ago. I asked if he had been sexually active past six months and he stuttered and stammered i guess trying to remember if he had told me something else.
I recall him saying the last time he had sex was a month ago.

We got into this argument and am i stupid or is he? He cant get it that having a test is NOT prevention! I need some info please on where to get details on the time and aids virus takes to rear its head etc.

I of course am stupid and slept with him because I really like him but i am afraid now and regret this bec i know he sleeps around with all sorts of women here and overseas when he travels and he cant understand the need for wearing a condom !!

Please guys, whats this thing about not wearing condoms? If you dont care about yourself thats ok, but dont force women to play this dangerous game of russian roulette!

How could you be so silly? This man, whoever he is, must be a total 'pratt' if he is, as you imply, unable to understand an aids test is not a prevention. As an 'ang moh' he has no excuse here in the UK and America and I presume and hope in Singapore there is a good deal of advice free of charge. You state; "he sleeeps around with all sorts of women", make no mistake that is a reciepe for trouble - he will get something, maybe not Aids if you are lucky but there are other diseases that can be transmitted between sexual partners condoms or not.

My own cynical view is; he has no real love or respect for you, you are just another 'toy' to satisfy his sexual cravings pity as is so often the case you are being wise after the event.

Plavt
Director
Director

Male Pride or Ignorance?

Postby Plavt » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 4:46 am

The above post is by me, sorry forgot to log in.

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 5:34 am

I can't speak for all guys but the condom thing does really suck. I think this may be especially the case if a guy is circumsized because that is the most sensitive spot. I actually have a lot of trouble using a condom because I honestly cant feel it and well....I don't think we have to guess what happens after that! Consequently, I mostly just sleep with actual girlfriends--not worth all the stress.

That said, I think if you knew he was sleeping with other girls, I don't know why you wanted to get in a relationship with him anyways. You really should know better.

As well, I can't imagine all the ang mo (what does that really mean anyways??? translate please) have nefarious intentions--although boys will be boys.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 6:16 pm

Cant beleive wrote: I want a relationship and my weakness is thinking if i dont sleep with him now he will dump me or if i insist on a condom now or later he will still dump me..

i guess its about my principles

I wish men wouldnt do this- and i guess i wish i was stronger

Learn to walk away girl. Sometimes we try too hard to please our men but it's a sign of low self-esteem, not just principles. If you really valued yourself and KNEW that you are worthy of being treated well, you would find it easy to walk away from such scum.

Keep your chin up. There are millions of men out there who are not worthy of you and a few that are. Wait for those few. The real tragedy would be by the time you met a good guy, you would feel unworthy of him cos of all the bad guys you slept around with.

You DON'T need this guy, honey. And don't wait for him to dump you (sounds like he will, 99%). For goodness sake leave his bed and stay out of other men's beds. Sorry for sounding so preachy but my heart goes out to you.

Postby Guest » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 1:15 am

Anonymous wrote:Such thing goes on all the time here. The Ang Moh guys are the favourite target for some local gals here. But don't expect the relationship is going to last. These Ang moh just play play only lah, don't delude yourself into thinking they will stay with you if you offer them sex. That's just a fancy of yours.

You try and sound like you're some sort of expert, or where you dumped by (or gave one reason to dump you?) one?

More moronic generalisations? Thought we were getting beyond that by now. But let morons be morons.....

Anonymous wrote:Most of them come here to work and have fun, then they will go back home to marry a person from their own country. Local gals are treated as an object of pleasure for these people.

you're really are such an ass for saying this that there's really nothing more to say, is there?

Anonymous wrote:Please wake up! Don't degrade yourself!

indeed, healer heal thyself, for it is you who should wake up

Can't Believe, naive as you may be for going against your own better judgement (sorry, realise that you have already been raked through the coals on that), don't be so much again as to take advice from people like this "Guest" who has some sort of anti-foreinger agenda. And for the record, as an Ang Moh male, I always use a condom execpt with a long-term (like 4+ years) girlfriend, as do every other guy I know, so your experience is a bit of an anomaly.

GuestGuest

Postby GuestGuest » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 1:28 am

apologies for all the grammatical errors in my last post (above) andfor forgetting to add my username