Singapore Expats Forum

Quidam - Cirque Du Soleil

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Quidam - Cirque Du Soleil

Postby seraphim » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:10 pm

Cirque Du Soleil is visiting the shores of our isle in September with their classic show, Quidam. 8)

Who's up for a night of graceful acrobatics, dazzling jewelled costumes, haunting music, and stunning performance?

I was thinking a weekend performance, followed by a night out on the town.....drop in your suggestions!

Ticket and seating details can be found here: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuS ... gapore.htm
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:20 pm

Ah yes.....forgot to add: I'm a big fan of their 'Tapis Rouge' Plan, that includes VIP seating, wine and canapes served in a private lounge and an exclusive souvenir.

Check out the lounge set up and details here: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuS ... oto_bottom

Each time they have visited, I have booked these tickets and have to say its always been worth every cent! Plus they make even more money off me when I go on a shopping spree buying t-shirts and candles and things. :roll: :oops:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:26 pm

Does one have to book tickets now? My hubby has been after me to find out all the details! I also want to go for that STOMP performance.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:28 pm

Don't think we have to book WAAAY in advance but I might tentatively set a date based on responses then hold some tickets for us that night. Fill me in on the details for STOMP too!! :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:31 pm

Well, two for me for sure. And, will let u know about STOMP...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:39 pm

Weekend performace better for you? And you want the Tapis Rouge seats? Best seats in the house!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 1:43 pm

Yup, weekend is best. As for seats, you're the best judge of those. Will leave that to you. Thank you sweetheart...:D

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

join

Postby MusicFever » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 2:19 pm

Count me in. Prefer a weekend, fix a date asap. As for seat, I want to sit between you and sapphire.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 3:23 pm

ooh baby, u wanna sit and purr between the two of us? :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 5:40 pm

I will ask the misses, cause I love it, but need to make sure she wants it too, want to take her with me/us as well...

Eric

toxictanktops

Postby toxictanktops » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 6:00 pm

sapphire wrote:Well, two for me for sure. And, will let u know about STOMP...

Hey sapph, I'm in for STOMP as well. I think they only have 5 shows, so mught have to book in advance...

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 7:09 pm

So far 5 tickets and counting! Will plan for a saturday night then.

Any more takers?

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:29 pm

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I booked tickets to STOMP a month ago and the only weekend performance I could get then was for Friday night. There may have been seats available, but didn't want to sit up in the 'nose bleed' section. My son requested we go see STOMP over the circus. 8)

tips
Regular
Regular

Postby tips » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 1:25 pm

hey

i am jealous i wish i cud come along ...but will be in canada by then ...

well i shud not lament i did see their new show in may in montreal

so tat will make me feel better

tips

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 8:39 pm

As the month of September draws closer, I find a need to pull this thread out of the depths of the forum..... *odd dredging sounds can be heard in the background*

So far I have 5 tentative replies, and am looking for more. Reason being, for groups of ten or more, there is a group discount. :lol:

Also, I'm checking to see what tickets would be most appropriate. As mentioned before, I'm a fan of Tapis Rouge, and those are the best seats in the house for the most money. Of course, there are perks that come for that cost, and I think its worth it! But I'd like to find out anyone finds it too pricey, and what you might be more comfortable with.

Please refer to the original post for seating plan, ticket prices, and information on the inclusions for the Tapis Rouge tickets.

Cheers!