Singapore Expats Forum

living in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Anupam

living in Singapore

Postby Anupam » Mon, 05 Jul 2004 9:53 pm

Hi,

I am married Indian and have a job offer from a singapore based mnc, they have offered me 1800 S $ per month as basic salary plus incentives on my monthly sales target. I have a 7yr exp in sales and marketing.

What is the normal salary offered to a person of my exp? and also let me know does companies in singapore give accomodation, food, health cover for employee and his spouse?

Can i survive with this salary in singapore? my wife is on her family way, should i inform this to my employer??

AS

dragonboat

Postby dragonboat » Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:45 pm

Hi AS,

You did not mentioned how much incentives you will be receiving if you hit your target. If you are talking about $200~$400 of incentives a month, I think it is quite low for someone with 7 years of experience.

Most company do not provide accomodation and food nowadays but your medical and dental expenses should be taken care of. Unless your sale commission is high, this offer is not so attractive and you are just surviving on your basic salary...