Singapore Expats Forum

Planning to move to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ashishmehta

Planning to move to Singapore

Postby ashishmehta » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:18 pm

Hi All,

I have recently finished my master degree in Banking from University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney with emphasis on Banking and Finance. Prior to this I was in india with a big bank in retail banking.

I am coming to singapore on the 22nd July of this month to look for job. I am looking for some information and hence would like to request you to provide any suggestions on how to go about things, like -
- any companies/staffing firms that do sponsorship and place on contracts with clients or otherwise
- or some indian companies that are hiring in Singapore
- or any singapore government visa/sponsorship programs that may work for me

I am also looking for room to stay in Singapore for one month starting from 22nd July. Can anyone who is interested in renting the room for one month contact me for this? I am also wiling to share the room.

any suggestions/links/contacts could you please provide on how
to go about it on my email id amehta1234@yahoo.com

Thanks much for any help.
Ashish

Postby Guest » Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:58 pm

You probably should start sending your resume to companies in Singapore now and let them know you will be here at the end of the month. Contact Australian companies that have offices in Singapore in Australia before you leave. Same for Indian companies.

Word of advice: getting a job in Singapore for foriegners is becoming increasingly difficult. There is a very high possibility that you won't find anything in a month's time, let alone 3-6 months time. The government wants the public to have first choice over expats so you have to come with either loads of experience or a special set of skills.

That being said, here are some resources for you:

Contact Singapore - govts resource website for expats
http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg

Executive Recruit Firms are listed here:
http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/oppo ... arch.shtml