Singapore Expats Forum

Places to show

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Animal Lover

Places to show

Postby Animal Lover » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 6:44 pm

Hi all , I am aoon goingto have some reletives from India , I am confused as to what all should I show them , wud appreciate if you all could add some names to my list of - Zoo and night safari, orchard road , boat quay , east coast , sentossa and equinox.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elizabeth » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 6:52 pm

What abt little india and china town? If u go to little india must try mutu curry..

floydude

Postby floydude » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 7:01 pm

elizabeth wrote:What abt little india and china town? If u go to little india must try mutu curry..

Not too related to the post, but its strange these prototypes never cease!

While I lived in the US, I wrecked my head telling people that back in India we don't travel on elephants and what we have running on roads are cars and we watch TV for entertainment, not snake charmers.

In Singapore I have a hard time convincing people that nobody has heard of roti-prata back home and only a miniscule few Bengalis and Keralites have Fish Head Curry, entirely different from what you get at Muthu's!

its a strange(ly ignorant) world!

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 8:48 pm

Floydude - Totally agree with you on the roti-prata and fish head curry thing. Oh the Thaipusam festival too. All these are regional specialities and are definitely not common to all in India.

Animal lover - there are some nature reserves in Singapore that not many in India are familiar with; what with our perception of Singapore as a manicured city. You may try taking your relatives to the Bukit timah nature reserve, Sungai Bolah, HSBC tree-top walk and ofcourse, the Jurong Bird park. Also this site might interest you

http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/index.html

Cheers!
Thou Art That

Animal Lover

Places to show

Postby Animal Lover » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:27 am

Ya I had thought of Mustafa but forgot to mention , I myself have not seen china town , is it good ??And ya I checked this link on Wild Singapore, I am sure this ones a gud option.What else am I missing out anything ???

Animal Lover

Muttu Curry

Postby Animal Lover » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:55 am

I and my family are pure veggies, is muttu curry a veggy dish ????if yes then where shud I go for it ??

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Re: Muttu Curry

Postby Indi.Lens » Sun, 17 Jul 2005 1:52 pm

Animal Lover wrote:I and my family are pure veggies, is muttu curry a veggy dish ????if yes then where shud I go for it ??

For a good vegetarian restaurant with traditional ambience, I recommend Annalakshmi.
http://www.annalakshmi.com.sg/
Thou Art That

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Muttu Curry

Postby elizabeth » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 9:04 am

Animal Lover wrote:I and my family are pure veggies, is muttu curry a veggy dish ????if yes then where shud I go for it ??

I dont think so mutu curry is for veggy..