Singapore Expats Forum

Britain today

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Britain today

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 8:31 pm

Britain observes two minutes silence today for the victims of the London bombings. :(

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:14 pm

Yes, we know. It's very sad :cry:

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:20 pm

I was in Trafalgar Square and you had to be there man to feel how it was. I do believe this had made the Brits furious.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06 am

one of the nice things to see is whilst people are clearly upset by it, they arent over-reacting or panicking, just going bout their business as before.

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:36 am

That's the beautiful quality the British possess.....to remain calm and collected even in horrid times like these!

They are known for this quality the world over and I think it's genetic more than social. It is the envy of the world!

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 7:53 am

Everyone all over Britain stopped at 12 today, we were at the gym and we all went outside. Even the cars in our little village stopped.

You're right, we don't panic under pressure but we work out our troubles together. In really bad times it's good to be British. Sorry, I'm sure it's the same for other nations, but the sense of community today across this little island was tremendous.

You forgot that other Brit quality....'Up yours' I believe it's called. That comes in very handy frequently.

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 3:56 pm

The ense of British solidarity was tremendous and very, very sincere yesterday.

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Postby English Gent » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 4:18 pm

Cool Britania.
Looking to meet or chat with interesting woman from all over...and eat them.

Postby Guest » Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:14 pm

Edward Heath has been in the news today, does anyone know what is wrong with him???

Postby Guest » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:38 am

That's the beautiful quality the British possess.....to remain calm and collected even in horrid times like these!

They are known for this quality the world over and I think it's genetic more than social. It is the envy of the world!

Stop crowing........... :evil:

You forgot that other Brit quality....'Up yours' I believe it's called. That comes in very handy frequently.

:shock: There you go showing your true color.

Reality Bites

History says something different !

Postby Reality Bites » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:43 am

Stop crowing........... :evil:

:shock: There you go showing your true color.

Well history shows Britain in a different light .... all as plunderers, killers, looters living on others people's land as parasites, bloody evangelists and what you have done to the world ....ireland, india, africa ......... list is endless..........

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Postby English Gent » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 6:53 pm

Reality Bites. Blow it out your ass.

Says it all I think.

H
Looking to meet or chat with interesting woman from all over...and eat them.

Postby Guest » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 7:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:That's the beautiful quality the British possess.....to remain calm and collected even in horrid times like these!

You are right. The British are known for having very many nice qualities and the above ones are not the only ones.

The rest of the world can learn a lot from the British instead of getting envious. This is what the rest of the world does not have ie the quality to do so.

What's the point in getting jealous??? Jealousy is a very destructive quality and no wonder the rest of the world is bent upon destroying itself!!!

RBYA

Postby RBYA » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 7:25 pm

English Gent wrote:Reality Bites. Blow it out your ass.

Says it all I think.

H

boring english man got nothing better to do than to chase notes

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:09 am

As if you have something very interesting to say lah, RBYA!!!