Singapore Expats Forum

Frustrated

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 6:54 pm

Thou Art That

sundaymorningstaple

Re: English

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:06 pm

Delhite wrote:Dear Mr SMS , if sumbody is using shortcuts for convenience , and that too on an informal forrum like this one , doesnt in any way mean his english is bad ! just give yourself a beark OK.
By the way for your information I am a graduate in English Hons with a first class from Delhi university and an MBA from XLRI , guess I dont need to tell you more about my english and attitude.
Hope it suffices.
and in future if you cant help sumbody in distress , please dont come up with your global gyan.

From the sound of your attitude and the look of your spelling (shortcuts of one letter don't count especially when the other one is incorrect "sumbody" ) it may well be a lot longer before you find a job here. Dissing people because we have tried to help you will never find you a job. It is always best to give yourself the benefit of the doubt even if you are in a so-called informal setting. (This forum has an employment section as well)

As I said, you never know who might be reading these posts. I, for one, am a headhunter with over 10 years experience here in Singapore. With your attitude, I am afraid I would never give you the chance to embarass me with one of my clients.

I sincerely wish you good luck in you quest, I personally feel you are going to need it.

sms

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:18 pm

Delhite wrote:Dear Mr SMS , if sumbody is using shortcuts for convenience , and that too on an informal forrum like this one , doesnt in any way mean his english is bad ! just give yourself a beark OK.
By the way for your information I am a graduate in English Hons with a first class from Delhi university and an MBA from XLRI , guess I dont need to tell you more about my english and attitude.
Hope it suffices.
and in future if you cant help sumbody in distress , please dont come up with your global gyan.

:lol: whoa. at least be humble? you asked for advice, and the advice was given. look up your dictionary for 'sumbody' for the start. however, i still believe you dont represent other first class English Hons graduates of Delhi uni, do you? heh :roll:

fix your attitude first

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:48 am

Delhite wrote:and in future if you cant help sumbody in distress , please dont come up with your global gyan.

"gyan?" You are NOT in India, you are in SINGAPORE. Get your head straight. Stop talking in jibberish, fix your grammar and spelling and take yourself off the pedestal!

Such arrogance! People are trying to help you and you are just being a B*tch!

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 1:30 am

Hope it suffices.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I, for one, am a headhunter with over 10 years experience here in Singapore. With your attitude, I am afraid I would never give you the chance to embarass me with one of my clients.

Dear Delhite,

If what you have displayed on this forum is part of your marketing strategy to land yourself a well paying job then I would say that you are way off.

So far all you have managed to accomplish is to make a very bad impression on a head-hunter, the one person that has the connections and power to facilitate instant meetings and job interviews with recruiting companies. Well, talk about shooting oneself in the foot :cry:

One would almost feel inclined to encourage you to try getting a refund from Delhi university and XLRI as obviously they have not been able to teach you anything.

Initially you were asking for help and advice so I will give you two words to reflect on: “mindful communication”
Impossible is nothing!

Merlion

This is a joke

Postby Merlion » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 2:43 am

Can this person be for real? To me it sounds like they are joking, then again if someone is that rude I wish they would go back to desi-land.

:x

Dandy

Postby Dandy » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 1:37 pm

Hi,

Info on the Careers Expo can be found at http://www.careerchoice.com.sg/

It is at Singapore Expo Hall 6 on 15-17 July 2005

I am also in Singapore looking for work after relocating with my partner, and have been searching for over 4 months. But I am also enjoying networking and volunteering and of course having the time to sample the many wonderful cuisines available in Singapore! I hope to find a job soon, but I am also making the most of my newfound spare time!
'You've got to find what you love,'

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”