Singapore Expats

PR Status after marriage to a Singaporean girl

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:10 pm

PR Status after marriage to a Singaporean girl

Post by chrisso » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 2:02 pm

Hi All

Am wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have read loads of posts from people but sometimes get confused with things out here. MY situation is that I have married a Singaporean girl in Malta and we then registered our marriage at the Registry of Marriages in Singapore. We then had twins here in Singapore - two boys.

My first instinct (Since thats the advice I was given) was to apply for a Long Term Social Visit Pass. FYI I am not employed since I left my job in Malta (I was paid fairly well and have a University Degree in Business Management). My wife is not working since we have twins as I mentioned and she also had a 2 year old daughter. Anyhow I applied for a Long Term Social Visit Pass and I was then given a 6 months pass minus one day in order for me to find a job in Singapore.

My question is: Should I apply for PR status now? The 6 month pass I have expires in October 2005. If I do apply for PR status, what do you think my chances are - has anyone any similar experiences?

Hope someone out here can help me - you can also email me to [email protected]

Thanks a lot.



Same situation

Post by Dennis_gan » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:35 am

I am a malaysian (male), I have married a s'porean wife too. In order to have a longer stay in Singapore, i have apply for the Long term social visit pass too. But my pass valid for 6mth (not 6mth with 1day less). I am planing to apply PR too, but doesnt not where to start with. I dont knw whether to apply straight under Spouse of a Spore citizen scheme or start to look for a job in spore and apply under Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme. FYI, under spouse of a spore citizen, ur wife have to earn a high salary in order to sponser u. Too bad, my wife is earning with a so-so salary, so i wonder whether should i start to look for a job in spore n apply thru myself. For ur situation, if ur Pass is going to expire soon, u may go to ICA to renew ur pass, and appeal for a 6mth pass, not not 6mth less 1day pass. After renewal, the length of stay maybe will increase. It best u apply for PR

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests