Singapore Expats Forum

Scuba Diving

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
happy_taraz

Scuba Diving

Postby happy_taraz » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:55 pm

Hello

Local chinese gal looking for both male & female divers to go diving either at Tioman or Redang etc.

I am open-water certified, I have not done any diving since last June when I was in Manado for 1 week of glorious diving.

I do not have any agenda or when to go but any weekends would be fine!

I have interest to take advance diving certification as well, any takers?

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers

jjj

Re: Scuba Diving

Postby jjj » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 6:46 pm

happy_taraz wrote:Hello

Local chinese girl looking for both male & female divers to go diving either at Tioman or Redang etc.

I am open-water certified, I have not done any diving since last June when I was in Manado for 1 week of glorious diving.

I do not have any agenda or when to go but any weekends would be fine!

I have interest to take advance diving certification as well, any takers?

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm an ozzie expat and I've been interested in going scuba diving over here for a while. I have my open water and weekends are good for me too. let me know if your interested

tequilabot

diving

Postby tequilabot » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:38 pm

Hi pals

Have you heard of the island name Perhentian, which is further than Redang in east coast of Malaysia. The dive sites in MY usually peak on public holiday in SG & MY. check out the calendar before your move. BTW, am interested in Perhentian, if you have the plan, pls pm me. being to redang twice, really love the dive site there.

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:53 pm

Hi,

I'm an ozzie expat and I've been interested in going scuba diving over here for a while. I have my open water and weekends are good for me too. let me know if your interested[/quote]

I am definitely interested. Would the long weekend in August suit u? Or would u prefer nearby Tioman either for 22nd or 29th? The group usually leave on Friday evening and comes back on Sunday.

http://www.simplyscuba.com.sg/t_tioman.htm check this out if this is ok for u? Price is $330 for nite departure on quad sharing basis. Any problems with this?

Give me yr thots.

Cheers
May

happy_taraz

Re: diving

Postby happy_taraz » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:06 am

tequilabot wrote:Hi pals

Have you heard of the island name Perhentian, which is further than Redang in east coast of Malaysia. The dive sites in MY usually peak on public holiday in SG & MY. check out the calendar before your move. BTW, am interested in Perhentian, if you have the plan, pls pm me. being to redang twice, really love the dive site there.

I have heard about Perhentian. If we do Perhentian let's do it during the national day long weekend. I guess that would be the best bet! Are u game for it then?

I will check with the dive shop to see wat is set up. Will revert again later.

Cheers

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Scuba Diving

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:30 am

Hi Guys,

Check this dive operator out. I use them many times. It's a live-aboard departing from TMFT. www.whitemanta.com I am going this weekend, and they still have 4 spaces left!

I had done the Tioman via coach thru Mersing package before. Best to leave during the day. I tried both. The evening departure just takes too much energy out of you, diving the next day is just not enjoyable.

Beside, getting through immigration and custom in Singapore and Malaysia on a Friday is no joke, and you will have to repeat everything again coming back on Sunday.
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:51 am

Deadpoet wrote:Hi Guys,

Check this dive operator out. I use them many times. It's a live-aboard departing from TMFT. www.whitemanta.com I am going this weekend, and they still have 4 spaces left!

I had done the Tioman via coach thru Mersing package before. Best to leave during the day. I tried both. The evening departure just takes too much energy out of you, diving the next day is just not enjoyable.

Beside, getting through immigration and custom in Singapore and Malaysia on a Friday is no joke, and you will have to repeat everything again coming back on Sunday.

Deadpoet, which trip r u booked on? They have two trips one for wreckdives which have 4 spaces left and the other Tioman which is 5 spaces left.

If it is tioman is good for me too for this weekend.

jjj, what abt u r u cool for this weekend to Tioman liveaboard?

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:03 am

Deadpoet, which trip r u booked on? They have two trips one for wreckdives which have 4 spaces left and the other Tioman which is 5 spaces left.

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:27 am

happy_taraz wrote:

I am booked on the liveaboard. Talked to Vince (operator) diving this weekend should be wonderful, at one of the dive there is a giant nurse shark living in the wrecks, should be fun.
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 1:10 am

happy_taraz wrote:Hi,

I'm an ozzie expat and I've been interested in going scuba diving over here for a while. I have my open water and weekends are good for me too. let me know if your interested

I am definitely interested. Would the long weekend in August suit u? Or would u prefer nearby Tioman either for 22nd or 29th? The group usually leave on Friday evening and comes back on Sunday.

http://www.simplyscuba.com.sg/t_tioman.htm check this out if this is ok for u? Price is $330 for nite departure on quad sharing basis. Any problems with this?

Give me yr thots.

Cheers
May[/quote]

Hi May
I will opt for Prehentian. Should we depart either early 1 or 2 days before 09Aug. normally the resort is on peak. However we can take the couch bus then ferry to the island. If you have any idea, pls let me know.
for quad sharing, do you have a group of ppl now? am same sex as you. Shall we chat over the next WNDC?

Hi deadpoet, await on your diving story in the next WNDC.

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 8:44 am

[quote="tequilabot
Hi May
I will opt for Prehentian. Should we depart either early 1 or 2 days before 09Aug. normally the resort is on peak. However we can take the couch bus then ferry to the island. If you have any idea, pls let me know.
for quad sharing, do you have a group of ppl now? am same sex as you. Shall we chat over the next WNDC?

Hi deadpoet, await on your diving story in the next WNDC.[/quote]

Hi Tequilabot

I m ok with it. So far u & me.... I will PM u my handy & email.

Hello there, any other ladies takers? We need two more to form a quad ;)

I am not sure if I will be going to the next WNDC yet. Wed was my first time. Had a good time though. Deadpoet is really nice sociable chap!

Cheers
May

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:01 am

jjj wrote:
happy_taraz wrote:
Hi,

jjj,

Tequilabot & I are looking at possible diving during national day long weekend. So if u r available let us know through this web.

Postby Guest » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 9:13 pm

happy_taraz wrote:
jjj wrote:
happy_taraz wrote:
Hi,

jjj,

Tequilabot & I are looking at possible diving during national day long weekend. So if u r available let us know through this web.

Hey, I'm in. sorry couldn't come this weekend, not enough notice.

also did someone send me a PM. can't access it apparently I'm to new to the board. I would give my details here but I've heard that's not smart.

tequilabot

perhentian website

Postby tequilabot » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:44 pm

hi pals,

here are some web for us to browse thru. check out the prehentian & we will discuss the plan then.

http://www.cuti.com.my/
http://www.marimari.com/hotel/malaysia/ ... index.html

Can you guys bear the 10hrs coach tour, and heading to dive the next day, how do you like it? or course there aslo a fligth can take you there, but beware of the transit time, rather costly & time consuming. Beside, if we can also join the island hopping to Redang, lang, etc...

happy_taraz

Postby happy_taraz » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:24 am

Anonymous wrote:
happy_taraz wrote:
jjj wrote:Hey, I'm in. sorry couldn't come this weekend, not enough notice.

also did someone send me a PM. can't access it apparently I'm to new to the board. I would give my details here but I've heard that's not smart.

Hi

I tried to PM U & give u my email & contact no..... but anyway could u drop me a Msg instead & give me yr email address so that we can contact you?

Cheers