Singapore Expats Forum

Wind Surfing - Calling all interested

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
J-M

Postby J-M » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 2:28 pm

Actually you can also surf waves in Bintan only the season starts in November 9swell).

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:35 pm

Hi guys,

it's been a while since I posted on this thread, by now I'm in Singapore for almost a month and kinda set up everything, so if there's still someone interested in surfing (not windsurfing), I'd like to join.

So the spot easiest to reach would be Bintam starting in November? I don't care about big waves - actually I'd prefer to avoid swell higher than maybe 3 or 4ft, since I don't have very much experience and it's already a year since I've been surfing the last time. So what I'd need is basically a place to rent a board.

would be cool if someone wants to join :)

Green rooM

Postby Green rooM » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:32 pm

Hey guys..yea I was raised in Hawaii and have been surfin' my entire life. Did sum kite surfin as well but can't find 'tubes' here. I've done the bali,lombok thing and the waves there are preety awesum considering where we are that is.

Windsurfin' sounds good enuff here and I'm game!

hkgal

Postby hkgal » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:40 am

hey, put me in the loop, i'm keen to learn... but i know nothing regarding the surf or wind-surfing :oops: wish u don't mind me is only the beginner...

but i can't make it this weekend as will head to Perhentian for diving (try to dive before the monsoon season come) :P

VenusHoshii

Postby VenusHoshii » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 1:14 am

send me a personal message to get in contact if you are keen to join, we're all beginners but after only 4 outings are getting the hang of it, so hkgal you can do it, and green room, I've surfed Hawaii so would like to meet up w/you

BTW HKgal, missed you 2nite at the WNDC, was there with another budding windsurfer, aeropriest

aloha

oh yeah, we're planning to hit Bintan or Phuket for surf, it won't be great at this time of year, but should be ok for long boarding

hkgal

Postby hkgal » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 2:59 pm

VenusHoshii wrote:send me a personal message to get in contact if you are keen to join, we're all beginners but after only 4 outings are getting the hang of it, so hkgal you can do it, and green room, I've surfed Hawaii so would like to meet up w/you

BTW HKgal, missed you 2nite at the WNDC, was there with another budding windsurfer, aeropriest

aloha

oh yeah, we're planning to hit Bintan or Phuket for surf, it won't be great at this time of year, but should be ok for long boarding

heu venushoshii, i just drop u a line, as this is my first time using PM, don't know how it works... maybe need to practice more. :D

Postby Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 7:06 pm

VenusHoshii wrote:send me a personal message to get in contact if you are keen to join, we're all beginners but after only 4 outings are getting the hang of it, so hkgal you can do it, and green room, I've surfed Hawaii so would like to meet up w/you

aloha

hey dude were u from hawaii as well?the big island?

Green rooM

Postby Green rooM » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 7:07 pm

..ooops that was me.

Postby Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 7:21 pm

Green rooM wrote:..ooops that was me.

nope. mainland

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 8:55 pm

There is a windsurfing course available for up to 3 people if I'm not mistaken from 5-6th of Nov from 2-5pm. Price is a little over 150 about (have to ask again to confirm though) for 2-day course.
Place is near Bedok MRT Stn.
Post here if you're interested? Cheers.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:54 pm

Kimi wrote:There is a windsurfing course available for up to 3 people if I'm not mistaken from 5-6th of Nov from 2-5pm. Price is a little over 150 about (have to ask again to confirm though) for 2-day course.
Place is near Bedok MRT Stn.
Post here if you're interested? Cheers.

the place we go at Pasta Fresca is cheaper and you get to meet our crew if you like....

btw, is that a typo, 'fall off cheek", not "fall of"?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:31 pm

EADG wrote:the place we go at Pasta Fresca is cheaper and you get to meet our crew if you like....

Cheers!
Would welcome the introduction if you don't mind...

:oops:
I stood duly corrected...

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:06 am

Kimi wrote:
EADG wrote:the place we go at Pasta Fresca is cheaper and you get to meet our crew if you like....

Cheers!
Would welcome the introduction if you don't mind...

:oops:
I stood duly corrected...

stand
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 5:36 pm

Buggerrrr! :P :P :P
Where is the contact number of the crew though??

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 6:13 pm

Kimi wrote:Buggerrrr! :P :P :P
Where is the contact number of the crew though??

there is no such number, but if you change that woe-is-me melodramatic signature I might tell you how....
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape