Singapore Expats Forum

Biggest Mistake you ever Made in your Life?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Choosing the wrong career
40%
Getting married
20%
Having children
No votes
Being born
20%
Losing money in the stock markets
20%

Total votes: 5

Associated Press

Postby Associated Press » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:43 pm

Choosing the wrong career.....etc

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:50 pm

losing money on the SM :lol:

guest900

Postby guest900 » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 7:23 am

married someone when you were not ready

P

Postby P » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 1:46 pm

Choosing the wrong career...

I could have become an marine biologist and do something meaningfull with my life.. computers.. sucks :)

But! If there is the will, there is the way. Maybe someday I can get a nice place by the tropical island and start growing pearls. It takes 5-10 years to get the firsts ones out, so there is plenty of time to do other things as well.

Dreams, ah dreams :)

-P

Wrong choice

Postby Wrong choice » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 4:20 pm

It all starts much younger than all those choices. But lots of the time we have no choice in the matter.

The worse choice someone can make is to avoid a good education. For the majority of us education is free.

If you don't have a good education in this life these days you are a loser from the start. I know some will disagree with me, but ask yourself..

What is the very first question you get asked at a job interview? Or in social circles?

Without a good standard of education, usually a degree unfortunately, you will not move onto higher paying jobs, you will therefore not get better housing etc, will not meet more interesting people and your choice in life is very severely restricted.

Yes you can make a life without it, but that is what I think is the most regrettable choice in life.

Not to study hard when everyone else is the same age....or not doing it at all.