Singapore Expats Forum

Birmingham City

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

valid Qs???

Birmingham City

Postby valid Qs??? » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 6:41 pm

What on earth is going on???? The latest news in Britain is that Birmingham City Center has been evacuated ...... :shock:

Why hasn't Bush caught these terrorists so far??? Did the US and UK go to war for nothing??? What's happened to the campaign 'war against terror'??? We don't hear much about this rhetoric these days....do we???

What's happened to the promises made by Bush and Blair about making this world a safe place for all of us ???

In fact this world has ended up becoming even more dangerous than before.

Where is it all (this evil) going to end and when???? How many more people are going to die before these terror attacks become history???

I am fed up! :roll: :roll:

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 7:59 pm

I think everybody has a part to play in this "was against terror", not just GWB & TB. Every country and their inhabitants in the world who has harboured terrorists both with and without their knowledge are partly responsible for getting rid of the menace.

What have you done? Have you done your part? Or are you just a whinger who likes to set in their comfy armchair and complain about the problem rather than help do something about it.

valid Qs????

Postby valid Qs???? » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 8:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:I think everybody has a part to play in this "was against terror", not just GWB & TB. Every country and their inhabitants in the world who has harboured terrorists both with and without their knowledge are partly responsible for getting rid of the menace.

What have you done? Have you done your part? Or are you just a whinger who likes to set in their comfy armchair and complain about the problem rather than help do something about it.

Yes, I have done something and that is that I have voiced my opinions against terrorism and terrorist attacks everywhere in the world. When the Madrid bombings took place I made a point of stating my views against this atrocity just like I am doing now after the London bombings. I did the same when 9/11 happened. So you can't say I have done nothing to help. My voice counted just like everyone else's around the world did and still does.

I hate to disappoint others and especially you when I say that I am not a 'whinger who likes to set in their comfy armchair'. I voice my opinions against terrorism and this is all I can do apart from donate funds for the needy. I am neither a soldier nor a politian, so don't expect from me to behave like those who are. Even if I were a politician or a soldier there is no way the world would be in the present situation that it is in now. I would resort to other more humane 'methods' to resolve the conflict. I am too humane to ignore the examples set by the Mahatama Ghandhi of India, Nelson Mandela of South Africa, His Divine Grace the Dalai Lama of Tibet and Doctor Martin Luther King of the US. These are the real HEROES OF OUR TIMES.

One thing I will never do is just 'complain' or attack people who voice their feelings, like you do.

You have been very quick to respond to this post.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP APART FROM CRITIZISE????

Wait a second, I know what you have done. You have done nothing but voice your hatered, disgust and meanness towards those people that are feeling so hurt by what's happening in this world and who have the courage to express themselves in particular.

DON'T BOTHER TO RESPOND ANY FURTHER. I HAVE NO TIME FOR HATEFUL IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH ONLY ONE TRACK MIND FILLED WITH REVENGE :shock: :shock: I DONOT DO 'REVENGEs' like you, but I firmly believe in 'FORGIVENESS' as taught by the The Buddha. If you are planning a revenge then go ahead but don't try to impose your guilty mind onto me. Remember revenge never solves anything.

Goodbye you revengeful, hateful, ignorant, foolish and disgusting person.

DON'T BOTHER ME WHOEVER YOU ARE.

May He show you the Light and lead you to Nirvana.

Plymouth

Re: Birmingham City

Postby Plymouth » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 9:13 pm

valid Qs??? wrote:What on earth is going on???? The latest news in Britain is that Birmingham City Center has been evacuated ...... :shock:

Why hasn't Bush caught these terrorists so far??? Did the US and UK go to war for nothing??? What's happened to the campaign 'war against terror'??? We don't hear much about this rhetoric these days....do we???

What's happened to the promises made by Bush and Blair about making this world a safe place for all of us ???

In fact this world has ended up becoming even more dangerous than before.

Where is it all (this evil) going to end and when???? How many more people are going to die before these terror attacks become history???

I am fed up! :roll: :roll:

It is worrying.

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 9:16 pm

valid Qs???? wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I think everybody has a part to play in this "was against terror", not just GWB & TB. Every country and their inhabitants in the world who has harboured terrorists both with and without their knowledge are partly responsible for getting rid of the menace.

Yes, I have done something and that is that I have voiced my opinions against terrorism and terrorist attacks everywhere in the world. When the Madrid bombings took place I made a point of stating my views against this atrocity just like I am doing now after the London bombings. I did the same when 9/11 happened. So you can't say I have done nothing to help. My voice counted just like everyone else's around the world did and still does.

I hate to disappoint others and especially you when I say that I am not a 'whinger who likes to set in their comfy armchair'. I voice my opinions against terrorism and this is all I can do apart from donate funds for the needy. I am neither a soldier nor a politian, so don't expect from me to behave like those who are. Even if I were a politician or a soldier there is no way the world would be in the present situation that it is in now. I would resort to other more humane 'methods' to resolve the conflict. I am too humane to ignore the examples set by the Mahatama Ghandhi of India, Nelson Mandela of South Africa, His Divine Grace the Dalai Lama of Tibet and Doctor Martin Luther King of the US. These are the real HEROES OF OUR TIMES.

One thing I will never do is just 'complain' or attack people who voice their feelings, like you do.

You have been very quick to respond to this post.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP APART FROM CRITIZISE????

Wait a second, I know what you have done. You have done nothing but voice your hatered, disgust and meanness towards those people that are feeling so hurt by what's happening in this world and who have the courage to express themselves in particular.

DON'T BOTHER TO RESPOND ANY FURTHER. I HAVE NO TIME FOR HATEFUL IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH ONLY ONE TRACK MIND FILLED WITH REVENGE :shock: :shock: I DONOT DO 'REVENGEs' like you, but I firmly believe in 'FORGIVENESS' as taught by the The Buddha. If you are planning a revenge then go ahead but don't try to impose your guilty mind onto me. Remember revenge never solves anything.

Goodbye you revengeful, hateful, ignorant, foolish and disgusting person.

DON'T BOTHER ME WHOEVER YOU ARE.

May He show you the Light and lead you to Nirvana.

You are doing what most of us can 'ONLY' do, so don't feel bad about it.

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:55 pm

No, I don't feel bad about voicing my disgust at terrorism at all.

Postby Guest » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 6:50 am

What is the latest news, does anyone know??

I am worried

Postby I am worried » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 8:19 am

London first, Birmingham next, Manchester, Liverpool...God knows where else...how do you stop these madmen from planting a little package where lots of people go about their daily lives...in train stations, shopping complexes, restaurants, schools, government offices, football stadiums? How do you stop them from blackmailing British people to drop off packages for them, using the local's family as hostage. How do you make them stop the hate? How do you make them leave you alone? How do you live as one human race, in peace and mutual respect? What have we gotten ourselves into? I fear more innocent people will die all over UK, just because we chose to follow a madman into war! I read somewhere that Osama said to us in the West, " If you bomb our cities, we will bomb yours" Now that is a threat we cannot take lightly....he has threatened to take 10 lives for every one of those killed by our bombs and we are just at the beginning of this new imported madness. I worry...I really do!

Willy the Wise

Postby Willy the Wise » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 2:12 pm

Luckily we have 1000x more capability than they do. More bombings are what we need, to strengthen and anger us to respond with massive force. It's the only language these savages understand. They don't respect our restraint, our democracy, our rule of law, etc.

2manyQs

Postby 2manyQs » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 4:58 pm

The best way to answer all your questions is to catch all the madmen and lock them up in an asylum and throw the key away for a good many centuries. Let them fossilize for posterity. These fossils can then be displayed in a kind of a museum for the posterity to view and understand our era of terrorism. This will make a good history lesson for them, don't you think???

This should apply to all the madmen who are responsible for this unrest in this precious world of ours. Just imagine the future of our children, what kind of world are they going to inherit if we don't catch these lunatics now???? This is the only method if we are going to resolve this conflict. War is not going to resolve anything instead it is going to destroy our planet and then there will be nothing left for our children to inherit or cherish.

The posterity will have nothing to view, understand or learn if we let these madmen carry on like this don't you agree luv????

Postby Guest » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:19 pm

I don't think our future generations will ever condone all the violence our generation has witnessed.

So?

Postby So? » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:04 am

Do you condone the violence from the past? Does it make any difference in the present?

Postby Guest » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 4:02 pm

Yes, duh!!!

charlotte299

Postby charlotte299 » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 4:35 pm

Stop being so sarcastic lah :!:

2Ksl

Postby 2Ksl » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:56 pm

This response was also sent by a moderator and I think I know which one, Ksl.