Singapore Expats Forum

beginner looking for windsurf friends, lessons

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
VenusHoshii

beginner looking for windsurf friends, lessons

Postby VenusHoshii » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 5:36 pm

am an avid surfer, but since we can't do that here in Singapore, looking to learn windsurfing, and was hoping to meet some fellow windsurfers, and, find a place for lessons

any ideas?

note, I am a rank beginner, never really windsurfed (but used to surf very regularly)

guest1

Postby guest1 » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 7:35 pm

you can try at east coast, in pasta fresca.
i've done twice there and some more back in europe. Here the ware is much warmer, but dirty and right now there is not much wind

VenusHoshii

Postby VenusHoshii » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 5:52 pm

thanks guest1, from Googling it that was all I cold find as well, but seemed more of a resturant than a windsurf shop, will try it out

anyone else? would have thought there'd be more here, seems like wakeboarding is taking over

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 8:09 pm

The one next to Pasta Fresca at east coast is not a restaurant (Pasta fresca is a restaurant of course), but it is a real surf club, so check them out, quite a lively scene down there. One of the people posting here, Uest, is a vivid surfer, so maybe he will respond...

Eric

VenusHoshii

Postby VenusHoshii » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:19 pm

Eric, BTW never heard from him be some of us others got together at PF and took some lessons

not, bad, something to do...... and made some new friends

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 8:22 pm

so what is the solution to learn this?