Singapore Expats Forum

Aren't Indians Human ?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
shasha_sg76

Aren't Indians Human ?

Postby shasha_sg76 » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 9:20 am

:? hey ppl out there I have been reading a few threads in " making friends " column. Some of the response from the public out there is really contradicting.
They always have something to say against the Indians, be it locals or from India itself... What the hell is wrong in Indians ?? Do they look retarded, r they smelly, dumb or what ?? Y cant just people treat each other with love and respect. Singapore is a multi racial society.

If Singaporean do not comprehend the meaning of their National Pledge ,the why the heck are schools from Primary - JC, making students take the pledge every day and why is there a racial harmony day, where the students are told to dress in their national costume and come to school ??

Indians are being paid so well especially if they r IT professionals, compared to the locals here.They dont lack in brains.To top it up, they have great features and looks. Look at all the past Ms Universe/Ms World.. damn local Singaporean Chinkis dont even come to the semi finals...n they still have the guts to enter the competition knowing that the westerners have much better assets n looks then thm.

so ppl out there ,,just stop condemning the indians,,yeah..

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Re: Arent Indians Human ?

Postby Indi.Lens » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 9:49 am

shasha_sg76 wrote::? hey ppl out there I have been reading a few threads in " making friends " column. Some of the response from the public out there is really contradicting.
They always have something to say against the Indians, be it locals or from India itself... What the hell is wrong in Indians ?? Do they look retarded, r they smelly, dumb or what ?? Y cant just people treat each other with love and respect. Singapore is a multi racial society.

If Singaporean do not comprehend the meaning of their National Pledge ,the why the heck are schools from Primary - JC, making students take the pledge every day and why is there a racial harmony day, where the students are told to dress in their national costume and come to school ??

Indians are being paid so well especially if they r IT professionals, compared to the locals here.They dont lack in brains.To top it up, they have great features and looks. Look at all the past Ms Universe/Ms World.. damn local Singaporean Chinkis dont even come to the semi finals...n they still have the guts to enter the competition knowing that the westerners have much better assets n looks then thm.

so ppl out there ,,just stop condemning the indians,,yeah..

Hi Sasha,

Its unfortunate that you have fallen prey to the very same category of the racists who talk ill of other people. Nobody has a right to call others as "Chinkis" or any such derogatory, racist terms. All are humans and are self-respecting individuals. Refrain from such racist language or better not post here.

If there are people talking ill of Indians, let them. Its their barking dog mentality and that displays their sub-human side. Such racist, barking dogs have no place in cultured human society. Its best to ignore such people.

I am an Indian from India and have lived in other countries as well. Rasicts are everywhere and they are best ignored and treated with contempt. So, please refrain from feeding power to racists by calling anyone with derogatory terms like "chinkis" or whatever.

Lets all learn to live in peace and harmony with everyone.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:31 am

i can understand shasha's emotional response, but, i am sure she and most of us, when the temperature is down, fully subscribe to indi's rational perspective.

just as prostitution is the oldest profession, racism has always been with us. we seek commonality with others, seeking their approval, yet we cant wait to pick differences, pointing out any obvious and inobvious differences.

but, as we evolved to higher consciousness (not everyone manage to though), we cannot let incorrect primal and tribal instincts continue directing our future.

on one hand are high ideals of equality, brotherly love, etc, and on the other are deep rooted racism, or simply just racial awareness.

i TRY to come to terms with these 2 opposing forces within me by accepting that i have personal racial preferences, but a color blind all embracing constitution.

i think everyone is entitled to their own preferences, be it race, height, looks, etc .. i may prefer to date tall single lid chinese girls, while a south asian friend may prefer a big eyed high bridge south asian. nothing sinister, nothing malicious, just our preferences, which are not entirely racially based.

my racial preferences are influenced by my chinese upbringing, national environment of malaysia where malay (excessive?) rights are burned into the constitution, and my own brand of racism, no matter how light, i am sure it is there somewhere.

every race and culture has some ways abt them which others may not so readily accept. i think its ok and understandable to have these small tensions. its unrealistically naive to pretend there are no differences. this culture may eat noisily, that may like to apply body oil, this may be too brashly direct, that may be overly polite, this may have an overly focus on money, that may be a tad too laid back.

we see these differences from our personal filters. i dont see anything wrong with that as long as we know its our own subjective bias, and not let these personal preferences rise to universal standards and imposing truths.

if i cant put up with body oil, that's my prob, it doesnt mean he who applies it is wrong. while i have no right to tell him to stop with the oil, he in turn has no right to make me like the odour. just as he may think its disgusting of me to eat chicken feet, so i wouldnt force him to eat it.

as i evolved, i know deep rooted racism is wrong, i know blatant expression of racism is even more wrong. i embrace a color blind constitution, fully accepting and supporting its utopian ideals. in everyday lives, it means i befriend EVERYONE, with as clear a conscience and open heart as possible.

ok, i wont bore u with my multi-racialness with my multi racial frens (wah, what a guy!).

stereotypes simply mean a general observation. some may not be true, but surely there are some that is! this culture or that culture is usually like this or like that, but not everyone. i am aware of these stereotypes, but i try not to carry them around, and stamp it on the first person i see.

so, while i leave others to their racial preferences, but i hope they will give themselves a chance to know me, just as i will for them. at the same time, we owe it to ourselves, and the cause of a better world, to slowly peel away the layers of racism, of others and our very own.

shasha_sg76

Postby shasha_sg76 » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:48 pm

Sincere apologies but truly ,, it really sucks at times...to face such racist actions in sg ,,,, at times

Maxine

Postby Maxine » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 6:10 pm

shasha_sg76 wrote:Sincere apologies but truly ,, it really sucks at times...to face such racist actions in sg ,,,, at times

Sasha, whether is race or class discrimination, its discrimination! If you are from India you will know how the rich treat the middle and lower class. You will know about the lower castes and how they are looked upon. You will know that within indian itself, there is a lot of discrimination and within the indian community here in singapore- they cant all get their act together and support each other.

so take a step back and look at the bigger picture. i DO know what u mean and empathise.. and u have a right to vent.

i have many things i want to express here too but theres been so many threads on racism but we are looking at what really is going on inside a lot of people.. ..

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 6:40 pm

shasha_sg76 wrote:Sincere apologies but truly ,, it really sucks at times...to face such racist actions in sg ,,,, at times

Totally agree with you that such racist behaviour sucks and makes us angry. I have faced racist remarks before in several places. IMHO, its best to ignore such remarks in forums like these thus not feeding racists with words to argue. When subjected to racism in person, I feel it is better to confront the racist, tell him/her how pathetic and ignorant they are about human values and finally make them feel ashamed of their behaviour. However, I feel a racist remains a racist. The only thing we can do is, make them feel like losers, lowly, sub-human and pathetic.

I empathise with you Sasha; but that does'nt give the aggreived the right to hurl back racist abuse at the racist. Let us try to control our anger and deal with the racist more rationally.

The world has a lot to offer us all. Let us learn and experience the world's diversity.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

chocoswiss
Regular
Regular

Postby chocoswiss » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 6:54 pm

wow, very matured replies!! :D

hope sasha agrees :)
~ If You Want Breakfast In Bed, Sleep In The Kitchen~

~nazron se dekh liya hota agar tamana thi aazmane ki..... hum to behosh yoon hi hojate, kya zaroorat thi muskurane ki.............~

swami1959

Postby swami1959 » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 8:07 am

chocoswiss

"nazron se dekh liya hota agar tamana thi aazmane ki..... hum to behosh yoon hi hojate, kya zaroorat thi muskurane ki............."

The couplet is superb.....

scientist

Postby scientist » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 8:52 pm

American pharmaceutics comp. produces medicine for african only, means all races genetically different. Generally, should check DNA, chromosomes set for all races and define how all races different. North Indians close to Caucasians, may be 99% by chromosome set, South Indians may be 80-90% only. Some Indians can call as 99% human, some 80%.

Amar

Racism is just like any differentiation

Postby Amar » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:03 am

Whats wrong with being racist.. its only the unequals who talk of the equality n all that justification for humanity n all. I think Indians are the best and are at the top of the hierarchy in almost every sense now..and the other racists would obviously not find this to be most pleasing..so they also talk..everyone has the right to talk..let em talk.

chocoswiss
Regular
Regular

Postby chocoswiss » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:19 am

swami: yeah man, i fell in love with that the minj i read it :D

amar: i am very proud of being an indian and all the contributions our race has made till now but every race has made itz own contributions n has had achievements..... we cant say we are at the top.... maybe in certain fields we dominate *cough* *IT* *cough*
~ If You Want Breakfast In Bed, Sleep In The Kitchen~

~nazron se dekh liya hota agar tamana thi aazmane ki..... hum to behosh yoon hi hojate, kya zaroorat thi muskurane ki.............~

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:24 am

Hey there is nothing wrong being Indian...they are human too.

I love the Indian food, Hindi movies, Mustaffa Centre, Arjun Rampal etc etc....

Besides Indian are so good in IT.. if any of you have the money... invest in these Indian companies...

Neilsoft Ltd
M-phasis (Temasek holding is trying to buy this one)
Infosys
Satyam
Tata Infotech.....and many many more....the list is endless..
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:48 am

u mean to say i'm not from Venus??????? :(
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:03 pm

Venus or not...you're one wonderful gal so stay there! :D
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:19 pm

Alfalfa wrote:Venus or not...you're one wonderful girl so stay there! :D

awww *blush*, thank u ma'am, u are too. :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.