Singapore Expats Forum

Need info about employment pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Confuse guys

Need info about employment pass

Postby Confuse guys » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 7:12 am

Hi All,

I have a question about my Employment pass application process.

Last week there is a company (Lets say company A) in Singapore agreed to employ me, and both of us already aggreed (By phone) about the term and condition, and they already send contract to be signed (I'm not in singapore yet). And I already receive it few days ago, but I'm not signing the contract yet. And I never give any document yet except my resume to company A, because they will apply my EP once I'm in singapore.

Yesterday there is another oportunity from different company (Company B). Company B offer me 150% sallary of company A, and also they want to hire me as Permanent Employee, meanwhile company A only hire me for 2 years contract.

is it possible to cancel my phone aggrement with company A and accept company B affering? I mean, is it possible for company A to report me to be banned by MOM because of canceling the phobe aggrement, since they did not apply EP for me yet and I did not sign the contract yet.

Thank's