Singapore Expats Forum

TESOL/Teaching English info needed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

me

TESOL/Teaching English info needed

Postby me » Fri, 02 Jul 2004 1:14 am

Hi!
I'm looking for a TESOL course or any other similar qualification certificates for teaching English. Is TESOL well enough to find a teaching job in Singapore (I'm not a native speaker). Pls advice. Thanks

INTESOL

Tesol courses

Postby INTESOL » Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:18 pm

Please call me on 96832528. I might be able to help you
Thanks

Bubbles

English Teaching

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 04 Jul 2004 5:14 pm

Contact the British Embassy opposite the Botanic Gardens. They have been running these courses for many years and are the leaders in the field. Be prepared for a challenging course, and you must have the stamina and determination to see it through. Also, my guess is that it is not cheap. It wasn't years ago and will have only increased pro rata with the times, but it is a world wide, highly respected and recognised qualification at the end. There are many opportunities to practice as a teacher post-graduation.

cathylmg

Postby cathylmg » Wed, 04 Aug 2004 1:26 am

u may find these courses with Boston Academy in Marina Square. I don't have their numbers cos I've read about their courses from the newspaper. Proberly u can check the yellow pages? :wink:

cathylmg

ylovskee

Re: Tesol courses

Postby ylovskee » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 1:17 pm

INTESOL wrote:Please call me on 96832528. I might be able to help you
Thanks

Could you also help an expat like me who is looking for a TESOL job there in singapore? I need some info how to apply in a language school, etc. Please advice me on this. Thanks!