What to do/see in Manila, as a tourist?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Pinoy

What to do/see in Manila, as a tourist?

Post by Pinoy » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:45 am

Might just head up to Manila for a couple of days or so next week. Any recommendations on what to do, see and visit?

Any hotel recommendations? (SGD80-100)

any advice, tips help would be much appreciated thanks.

fishtank

Post by fishtank » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 6:33 pm

Well, i can't really give you much suggestions. Manila was just a stop over from Boracay (you should go here! haha.. scorching sun, white smooth sand.. oohhh. I have more tips on Boracay than Manila) :D

I was in Manila just 2 months back. Stayed there only for a night at Century Park hotel for about $140SGD a nite. Manila was much wilder than Jakarta, Indonesia. Cafe Havana at GB 3 (green belt?) was THE place for clubbing. Metrowalk is another place. But what i enjoyed most was the city-tour. Passed through Edsa, Roxas, Ayala Avenue, china town, spanish village, as well as the red district. Hehe.. too bad I don't understand tagalog, otherwise the comedian clubs would be very entertaining. You gotta try the pedicab & the jeepney.. oh oh don't forget to try San Miguel Lite! One bucket for like .. err $3-4 (if i remember correctly he! he!) Anyway, the whole experience felt as if I was in Amazing Race.

Im more culture & architecture-incline person. So we may have different preferences. I didn't do much shopping there.. Look the same to me :) So don't ask me where to shop.

btw, i thought 'pinoy' is filipino in tagalog?

lukn4babes

Post by lukn4babes » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 7:47 pm

yes it is my dear friend pinoy is the Filipino word word Filipino confussion isnt it ? :P anyways what are you into?? shopping??? clubbing?? red light district?? sight seing??? richmond hotel is located in ortigaz one room would cost around 100 sg dollars. email me at barny@i-manila.com.ph if you have more questions k ....