Singapore Expats Forum

To Chirac..

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbs

To Chirac..

Postby Bubbs » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:54 pm

Ah well.........the millions of people now coming to the UK for the Olympics could always pop across to France for food I suppose.....

haha heehee.

(It's called secret smirking!....and I love it.)

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 9:56 am

hehehehee.... :lol: :wink:

good one, bubbs!

Eric

Plavt
Director
Director

Chirac

Postby Plavt » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:43 am

Aww don't be like that you two, perhaps somebody here in the UK could invite Mr Chirac to dinner - the dish? A toad in the hole perhaps ha ha!

canopy

Postby canopy » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 4:47 am

I think anything is better than pickled eels, gherkins or even onions :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep that mushy looking and yakky tasting shepherd's pie ... on the other side of Calais please :?:

Give me French delights anyday :lol:

Mercy beau coup :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK to be anti-french

Postby OK to be anti-french » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:16 pm

Well, well - Eric rears his ugly head again in his anti-french stance, though this time it's not only Chirac, it's France . . .
What's the matter Eric? Did the bad French police stop your caravan en route to the south?

Sheesh, grow up.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 3:01 pm

Agree, agree completely. Why is it that Brit-bashing, Yank-bashing and otehrs are quite unacceptable and French-bashing is ok?
Double standards . . .

(Strange for my first registered post to be defending the French . . . :D )

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Chirac

Postby Plavt » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 5:31 pm

OK to be anti-French and Vaucluse, Eric is not anti-French his attacks are on one individual the French President. Read the post before making speculative judgements. Please note Eric and the other posters are unknown to me.
Last edited by Plavt on Sun, 10 Jul 2005 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 5:36 pm

He's not PM he's President

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 9:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:He's not PM he's President

He is not only a President but he is also a human just like you, me and everyone in this world. He might be born as a Frenchman this time but who knows what and who, he will reincarnate as the next time round??

We don't know the answer to this one. All we can do is not to be judgemental just because someone happens to be French, German or Italian.

Thou Shall Not Judge......................

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:56 pm

canopy wrote:I think anything is better than pickled eels, gherkins or even onions :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep that mushy looking and yakky tasting shepherd's pie ... on the other side of Calais please :?:

Give me French delights anyday :lol:

Mercy beau coup :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you sure you don't mean 'jellied eels' luv :?:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 2:00 pm

OK to be anti-french wrote:Well, well - Eric rears his ugly head again in his anti-french stance, though this time it's not only Chirac, it's France . . .
What's the matter Eric? Did the bad French police stop your caravan en route to the south?

Sheesh, grow up.

Shallow statement once again, read better.

I do not detest the French, I detest a French president (voted directly in a democratic way in France) who had the guts to use one of the most pristine regions of our planet (OUR planet, not just the French old-colonial Tahiti, of which one might argue if it is French or not) for nuclear testing, to me one of the most cowardly and destructive acts in recent history.

The area is doomed to be radioactive for the coming centuries, one of the most beautiful corral reefs been destroyed forever, a total environmental disaster for the sake of French prestige.

If you would read my postings, you would find me critical of not so much any nationalities, but merely because of inhumane acting. I tend to joke about British, Germans, Singaporens, Dutch, French, Itlainas, Spanish, Americans and so on.

If you love to put a sticker on me for being anti-French, by all means, but the sticker as such is not part of me, it is just you pointing at me.

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 2:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:

He is not only a President but he is also a human just like you, me and everyone in this world. He might be born as a Frenchman this time but who knows what and who, he will reincarnate as the next time round??

We don't know the answer to this one. All we can do is not to be judgemental just because someone happens to be French, German or Italian.

Either you have a very cynical sense of humour (which I doubt), you are extremely chauvinist (which I would not doubt in case you are French) or you are suffering from a severe state of dementia. To call Chirac human is quite some denial of reality.

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 3:02 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Either you have a very cynical sense of humour (which I doubt), you are extremely chauvinist (which I would not doubt in case you are French) or you are suffering from a severe state of dementia. To call Chirac human is quite some denial of reality.

Eric

Amazing how you so clearly detest Chirac for his testing, yet where are the diatribes against many other ecology-sinners? Fess up, Eric, it's obvious.
Umm, by the way, your sentence:
I do not detest the French, I detest a French president (voted directly in a democratic way in France) who had the guts to use one of the most pristine regions of our planet

actually means something positive. When someone has the guts to do something, it means that he has the inner strength - surely not what you were trying to portray.

I'm no friend of Chirac and his policies, but it is hypocritical to lambast him yet leave so many others.

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 3:40 pm

Chirac "had the guts" I should have written, as that would have made my sarcasm more obvious, I assume.

You are right, I should condemn more leaders: I am not a friend at least of GW Bush, I am sceptical about Blair, I find Dutch PM Balkenende totally incompetent, I am disgusted by the appearance of Berlusconi to name but a few, but all these (even Bush) come in no way near to the atrocity of Chirac's nuclear testing in my opinion.

As one of the articels below describes very well:

For France it is a political status symbol to possess nuclear capabilities as well as a symbol of colonialism. The nuclear testing is in complete contradiction to France as the cradle of democracy and human rights.

French Polynesia is economically dependant on France, how could they resist these nuclear testings?

It is this despicable mentality of monsieur Chirac, that I do call inhumane, apart from the environmental part of the disaster.

http://www.american.edu/ted/ice/mururoa.htm

http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/index.html ... /3374.html

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r104:H24JA6-59:

Eric

YMoan?

Postby YMoan? » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 4:31 pm

Eric , you hate all these political leaders so much, then why don't you stand for elections and see if you can replace your (the Dutch) Leader :?: No point in moaning and groaning if you can't do anything to help others and yourself, is there :?:

All we get from you is criticism of everyone on this forum. Try posting something positive for a change :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”