Singapore Expats Forum

What happened @ Sg Chijmes last night....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

lotus sutra

Postby lotus sutra » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 6:52 pm

Ang Moh Bully at Chijmes
To: ALL 1 of 10

Taken from:
http://www.beautifulamnesia.com/index.p ... /04/drama/

If you had been there last night with us, what would YOU have done?

We were chilling out at Chijmes, having a beer or maybe ten and watching the live broadcast of the Live 8 concerts after our performance.

Some drunk caucasian man, sitting smugly in his chair at the next table started distracting us with his loud obnoxious remarks meant for all ears.

“Move people! Make some noise! Singaporeans are Boring F C U K S!”

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 7:15 pm

Call the police instantly and they will take care of this. In the meantime do not get into discussion, but watch the guy closely.

To be called names doesnot hurt, it only tells all about the person scolding other people, so do not bother too much.

If he is from the american embassy, get the owners of the pub where it happened to file a compaint against the person, ask for his identity at the embassy.

Don't make a big thing about it, it is just an idiot with problems on his own troubled mind.

Eric

Postby Guest » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:07 pm

Funny, it's real life dude - not like artificial s'porean bored, too bad you both never fight.

Angry

Postby Angry » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:31 pm

The worst thing is the stupid bouncer at Chijmes did nothing. :x

Postby Guest » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:03 pm

If white ppl should go home to their country, how abt. chinese?
i think generally chinese should go back to china and free SG land for Malays

sammybored

Postby sammybored » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:13 pm

Surely the only point of posting this on sammy board and anywhere else is just to stir the cr+p up. It doesn't help anybody. And the response will be predictable there, whereas we all all know that the colour of the guy's skin is totally irrelevant (unless you have a big chip on your shoulder).

Basically the guy was a jerk and should have been thumped. American, Chinese, Singaporean, Dutch, whatever.

Postby Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 2:45 am

Anonymous wrote:If white ppl should go home to their country, how abt. chinese?
i think generally chinese should go back to china and free SG land for Malays

:lol: :lol: go read up on the history of Singapore and Malaysia before you make comments that insult any intelligence that you have :lol: :lol:

Postby Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 3:25 am

Personally, I think this Lotus Sutra is a bit of a wacko. I believe he/she/it has posted this on the other expat forum site and its not the first time he/she/it has done it too.

Postby Guest » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 7:29 pm

no doubt that is pure madness

xiaxue@gmail.com

Postby Guest » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 7:47 pm

First of all, the fact that it was an Ang Moh matters not at all, rude comes in all colors.

Secondly, why oh why didn't you complain to the management early on?
Your outrage is better directed at them since it is their responsibility to provide a safe environment for all their patrons. Excuse me, Chijmes Manager, the gentlemen over there is causing considerable trouble, have him removed or I'll have to call the authorities.'

I had a similar problem at Da Paolo in Tanjong Pagar years ago. A drunk table of 4, very nicely dressed, was throwing bread at the other patrons. I called over the waiter and said, please make them stop -- now. He hemmed and hawed and made excuses and sI aid again that I paid a lot for my meal and they needed to be stopped immediately. The manager spoke to them, there was a lot of giggling, but they stopped.

Put the responsibility where it belongs.

Another Guest

Postby Another Guest » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 5:03 pm

sammybored, and Guest, spot on with your Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:47 pm post.

Seems like some people here have nothing better to do than find problems where there aren't any, and stir up racism in the process.

Your right, this Sutra person is shamelessly plugging their own blog.

the only thing worse than asses like that fat guy are people who get sucked into people's like his shite