Singapore Expats

Where 2 buy hardware stuffs 4 house like a Home Depot store

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
George

Where 2 buy hardware stuffs 4 house like a Home Depot store

Post by George » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 1:57 pm

Is there a similar store or a local version of a Home Depot store in singaopore. I need to buy some paint, plywood, wooden planks, door handles and knobs. Where can I find these in singapore that sells and retails direct to the buying public?

Thanks!

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Where 2 buy hardware stuffs 4 house like a Home Depot st

Post by Yutenji » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 2:08 pm

George wrote:Is there a similar store or a local version of a Home Depot store in singaopore. I need to buy some paint, plywood, wooden planks, door handles and knobs. Where can I find these in singapore that sells and retails direct to the buying public?
Hi, Most of the smaller items you can get at the bigger outlets of "HomeFix DIY". There's a new one in Marina Mall (next to Giant supermarket) which is not bad. The plywood and planks could be harder ... probably need to go to one of the industrial estates for those.
Good luck

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yoongf » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 9:42 pm

For plywood and lumber.. I recomend a shop at the junction of Jalan Berseh and Townshend Road, in the jalan besar area.

Don't know the name of the shop.. but it's a very prominent grd floor corner unit that cuts to size while u wait. Only wood shop I know that can handle communication in English well. The shop also sells wood related supplies like varnish, glue, brushes, etc. Try to visit during off peak hours, cos contractors go to this place to get small woodwork done.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Where 2 buy hardware stuffs 4 house like a Home Depot st

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:34 am

George wrote:Is there a similar store or a local version of a Home Depot store in singaopore. I need to buy some paint, plywood, wooden planks, door handles and knobs. Where can I find these in singapore that sells and retails direct to the buying public?

Thanks!
Yes there is a HomeDepot style shop in Singapore. Its called Homely Hardware and its at No1 Ubi Crescent. Really helpful staff too. Look for the Indian Guy, he can save you heaps of time. His product knowledge is excellent and he speaks English. (many of the staff dont as they predominantly deal with local companies).

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

valentino94

Re: Where 2 buy hardware stuffs 4 house like a Home Depot store

Post by valentino94 » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 2:56 pm

Hi mates,

A bit late to the show. But thought that might share my experience so that the our friends in the future can benefit from this.

I've been buying my diy tools from https://eezee.sg.
They have reasonable prices and fast delivery.

So far quite pleased with the service.