Singapore Expats Forum

Jetstar asia

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Hopeful guy

Interview

Postby Hopeful guy » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 9:57 am

BUbblegum wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

U went for the interview also? Which date? :)


Hi Bubblegum,

Yes, I attended the interview on the 29th morning. I didnt get in. There was one guy from mediacorp, a freelance artist, also didnt get in. The only guy that got thru to the next round was a guy who has 'someone' working with jetstar asia. Nevermind if you didn't bring your passport and photo, I guess its a plus to have an insider which he cleverly declares during the self introduction stage. :-|

Then again, I shouldn't be dismayed or anything. Perhaps he deserved it. Hopefully he got thru all the way. Wish him all the luck... :)

Bubblegum

Re: Interview

Postby Bubblegum » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:23 am

Hopeful guy wrote:
BUbblegum wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

U went for the interview also? Which date? :)


Hi Bubblegum,

Yes, I attended the interview on the 29th morning. I didnt get in. There was one guy from mediacorp, a freelance artist, also didnt get in. The only guy that got thru to the next round was a guy who has 'someone' working with jetstar asia. Nevermind if you didn't bring your passport and photo, I guess its a plus to have an insider which he cleverly declares during the self introduction stage. :-|

Then again, I shouldn't be dismayed or anything. Perhaps he deserved it. Hopefully he got thru all the way. Wish him all the luck... :)


Hmm...ya i suppose with abit of "connections" in Jetstar, one can easily get in! Theres this gal from my batch, she knows a cabin crew supervisor there. They were formerly ex-crew from another airline... and she got into the final round.

Well...it may be a blessing in disguise, looking at what Guest told us abt the cabin crew life in Jetstar.... u can go give SQ a try if they recruit again... Cheers! :D

Hopeful guy

Re: Interview

Postby Hopeful guy » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:57 am

Bubblegum wrote:
Hopeful guy wrote:
BUbblegum wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

U went for the interview also? Which date? :)


Hi Bubblegum,

Yes, I attended the interview on the 29th morning. I didnt get in. There was one guy from mediacorp, a freelance artist, also didnt get in. The only guy that got thru to the next round was a guy who has 'someone' working with jetstar asia. Nevermind if you didn't bring your passport and photo, I guess its a plus to have an insider which he cleverly declares during the self introduction stage. :-|

Then again, I shouldn't be dismayed or anything. Perhaps he deserved it. Hopefully he got thru all the way. Wish him all the luck... :)


Hmm...ya i suppose with abit of "connections" in Jetstar, one can easily get in! Theres this girl from my batch, she knows a cabin crew supervisor there. They were formerly ex-crew from another airline... and she got into the final round.

Well...it may be a blessing in disguise, looking at what Guest told us abt the cabin crew life in Jetstar.... u can go give SQ a try if they recruit again... Cheers! :D


Ya, hopefully there will be an opening for us guys soon. Been waiting for so long for Emirates, for example, but when the time comes, they only advertise for Stewardess...aaarrghh.

Hopeful guy

JSA

Postby Hopeful guy » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:25 am

Anyone else attended the recent interview? Share![/img]

Paula

Flight Attendant

Postby Paula » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 2:16 am

Flight Attentant Review:

http://anvilandsprocket.com/review.php?rec=177[/url]

Guest

Re: Interview

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 4:19 am

Bubblegum wrote:
Hopeful guy wrote:
BUbblegum wrote:Hi Hopeful guy,

U went for the interview also? Which date? :)


Hi Bubblegum,

Yes, I attended the interview on the 29th morning. I didnt get in. There was one guy from mediacorp, a freelance artist, also didnt get in. The only guy that got thru to the next round was a guy who has 'someone' working with jetstar asia. Nevermind if you didn't bring your passport and photo, I guess its a plus to have an insider which he cleverly declares during the self introduction stage. :-|

Then again, I shouldn't be dismayed or anything. Perhaps he deserved it. Hopefully he got thru all the way. Wish him all the luck... :)


Hmm...ya i suppose with abit of "connections" in Jetstar, one can easily get in! Theres this girl from my batch, she knows a cabin crew supervisor there. They were formerly ex-crew from another airline... and she got into the final round.

Well...it may be a blessing in disguise, looking at what Guest told us abt the cabin crew life in Jetstar.... u can go give SQ a try if they recruit again... Cheers! :D


ya, quite true. theirs pay is already so low yet their benefits and welfare aren't that good as well. So dun be too upset for not getting in. let's pray that SQ will recruit soon!

Hopeful guy

interview

Postby Hopeful guy » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 11:56 am

Did anyone here gone thru the whole interview process and got thru?...
tell us what you will be going thru next?... :)

Guest

Re: interview

Postby Guest » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 4:07 pm

try the qatar cabin crew interview this friday

Guest

Re: interview

Postby Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:08 pm

Hi there,
I know im a bit late sorry but how do you guys know of the qatar recruitment? Is it an internal one like i heard? coz no advert postings etc? Thanks a bunch!!




Anonymous wrote:try the qatar cabin crew interview this friday

Hopeful guy

Re: interview

Postby Hopeful guy » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:42 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi there,
I know im a bit late sorry but how do you guys know of the qatar recruitment? Is it an internal one like i heard? because no advert postings etc? Thanks a bunch!!




Anonymous wrote:try the qatar cabin crew interview this friday


Hi ,

Qatar advertise it in the papers twice 2 weeks before the open day. You may have missed it.

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 6:51 pm

you will need a atrong command of english



Well . . . .
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: jetstar cabin crew

Postby Plavt » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:14 pm

will need a strong command of english and preferably


Dyra,
Hate me if you must but a point was being made by Vaucluse and it is one that myself and Strong Eagle amongst others see all too commonly on this board - bad English.

I would think they would want your written English to be good as that will be the first sign of just how skilled you are.

Jetsar should have spelt with a capital 'J' at all times, capitals should have been used for Straits Times. Never begin a sentence with the word 'if'. Capital letters should be used for the words English and Asian and do not use the abbreviation 'photo', you must write photograph.

I understand English (my native tongue) is difficult to learn and even I have to use a dictionary and still get things wrong but those points I mention here are important.

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else here but if a prospective employer sees badly written English, then what would they think?

Hope this helps.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: jetstar cabin crew

Postby Plavt » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:22 pm

beehoon


thanks for the info! btw, the website to apply for cabin crew is unavaliable. is url correct?


Try this;

http://jetstarasia.com/


Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dyra
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 20 Sep 2005

Re: jetstar cabin crew

Postby dyra » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:22 pm

no worries, Plavt,

i just typed out what is written exactly in the newspaper, that's it. u can get a copy of straits times today to have a look...

there are typo errors cos i was typing too fast and letters like 'a' and 's' are just next to each other, so typo errors.

as for the capital letters. it is just me, i prefer to write in small letters. and to me, i am just typing the info for all the people who want to apply for the job. that's it.

thanks for ur advice... :)

Plavt wrote:
will need a strong command of english and preferably


Dyra,
Hate me if you must but a point was being made by Vaucluse and it is one that myself and Strong Eagle amongst others see all too commonly on this board - bad English.

I would think they would want your written English to be good as that will be the first sign of just how skilled you are.

Jetsar should have spelt with a capital 'J' at all times, capitals should have been used for Straits Times. Never begin a sentence with the word 'if'. Capital letters should be used for the words English and Asian and do not use the abbreviation 'photo', you must write photograph.

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else here but if a prospective employer sees badly written English, then what would they think?
I understand English (my native tongue) is difficult to learn and even I have to use a dictionary and still get things wrong but those points I mention here are important.

Hope this helps.

Plavt.
Last edited by dyra on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 7:34 pm

Try this;
http://jetstarasia.com/

Probably happened because you copy pasted from the newspaper instead of using the toolbar above.

Plavt.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests